PDA

View Full Version : things to eat on the plane?

mulak
06-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Hi,

I'm going to st. lucia in a week for a destination wedding and the flight is 5 hours long plus 1.5 - 2 hours drive to the hotel.

What do you guys recommend for snacks that I can eat during that timeframe beside nuts because I don't like them at all lol :P

SOJA
06-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Popcorn.

gbullock32
06-29-2016, 11:46 PM
Crackers or chips are always tasty.

Budjola
06-29-2016, 11:50 PM
protein bar, 5 hour flight is nothing, i do transatlantic 2-3 times a year, if its Air France then i know food will be good, anything else food kinda sucks so i always get couple of quest bars with me

Bravoiswhiskey
06-30-2016, 12:47 AM
quest bars

Auugh, how do people eat those? I'm so envious. I wish I could palate them because they're so convenient but I really think they're awful.

OP, jerky, cheese sticks. I also second food bar of your preference. I like Clif bars, personally.

loganhart
06-30-2016, 01:48 AM
Is this a serious question?

Aren't meals provided with your ticket?

If not, buy whatever you're in the mood for from the airport and put it in your carry on.

bkp25
06-30-2016, 05:47 AM
An apple, some chips, a vodka martini.

bpagonis
06-30-2016, 05:55 AM
The free unlimited liqour plus biscoff if you upgrade.

BrightonBomber
06-30-2016, 06:28 AM
Durian fruit
Epoisses or Limburger cheese
Surströmming

Trust me all those around you will be visibly angry they can't have what your eating.

Budjola
06-30-2016, 06:31 AM
Auugh, how do people eat those? I'm so envious. I wish I could palate them because they're so convenient but I really think they're awful.

OP, jerky, cheese sticks. I also second food bar of your preference. I like Clif bars, personally.

i only like pumpkin quest bar, tho u can get them only at certain time of the year so i order mine from amazon

hossjob
06-30-2016, 06:41 AM
I'll say this, don't be the guy that's eating chipotle or other food like that on the plane. Be considerate to those around you. It's small quarters and it's very uncomfortable when people are pulling out tupperware next to you and eating. The smell from the food and then your breath afterward can make people next to you sick.

Quest bars will be great. 7 hours of not eating your meals is not going to kill you. Now I understand that that's a long time without food. I get cranky without food so take things like nuts quest bars and other foods that won't be offensively smelling to fellow traveler.

mulak
06-30-2016, 08:43 PM
protein bar, 5 hour flight is nothing, i do transatlantic 2-3 times a year, if its Air France then i know food will be good, anything else food kinda sucks so i always get couple of quest bars with me

plus almost 2 hours drive to the hotel and finally settling in then probably get something to eat

didnt think of jerky, i actually never had jerky before... got any recommendation?

I will check out those clif bars

Is this a serious question?

Aren't meals provided with your ticket?

If not, buy whatever you're in the mood for from the airport and put it in your carry on.

I remember one flight, i get a drink and a snack two times during the 5 hours trip... like 2 cookies or small bag like those halloween size bag of chip

An apple, some chips, a vodka martini.

lol

The free unlimited liqour plus biscoff if you upgrade.

lol nice but i'm barely a drinker

I'll say this, don't be the guy that's eating chipotle or other food like that on the plane. Be considerate to those around you. It's small quarters and it's very uncomfortable when people are pulling out tupperware next to you and eating. The smell from the food and then your breath afterward can make people next to you sick.

Quest bars will be great. 7 hours of not eating your meals is not going to kill you. Now I understand that that's a long time without food. I get cranky without food so take things like nuts quest bars and other foods that won't be offensively smelling to fellow traveler.

I don't like nuts but will check out those quest bars. I would be uncomfortable as well if someone next to me did that