PDA

View Full Version : Can the Knicks win the title next season?

CestLaVida
06-28-2016, 02:58 AM
You got D. Rose, the best PG the game has seen in the past decade although he might not ever be the same due to his injury but he's still a beast. Then you got Melo and the 2nd ROTY Porzingis.

This is NBA's new big 3, so do you think they can deliver next season? I think they have a massive chance if all goes smoothly.

FakeRabona
06-28-2016, 03:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a6yfGd6.gif

CestLaVida
06-28-2016, 03:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a6yfGd6.gif

Don't think the Cavs can win back to back. That's what they said about Curry and GSW last season acting like they're gonna win the next 10 championships.

IH8RICE
06-28-2016, 03:39 AM
Don't think the Cavs can win back to back. That's what they said about Curry and GSW last season acting like they're gonna win the next 10 championships.

They may not win back to back but they'll be back in the finals again. If New York makes the playoffs next year, I'd consider that a win for them.

chlaxman
06-28-2016, 03:41 AM
Win a playoff spot? Sure, like the 5th seed in the East.

Steavie
06-28-2016, 03:45 AM
I'd be happy just to see Knicks in playoffs next season. Only way for them to be a contender next season is to sign Durant.

WafflesBrah
06-28-2016, 03:47 AM
No way unless Durant signs which I doubt

CestLaVida
06-28-2016, 03:51 AM
They may not win back to back but they'll be back in the finals again. If New York makes the playoffs next year, I'd consider that a win for them.

Both are likely to happen. The big 3 might need another 2 years to fully establish their dominance though

No way unless Durant signs which I doubt

Hope it happens. NY would have the biggest superstar starting lineup

IH8RICE
06-28-2016, 03:59 AM
Both are likely to happen. The big 3 might need another 2 years to fully establish their dominance though

And that's if melo decides to stay. I remember Lebron talking about a few years down the road he'd like to play with melo, Chris Paul, and d wade. Clearly they'd all take payouts. But they just want to play on the same team. I could see this happening before the Knicks really find enough pieces to win.

Spill512
06-28-2016, 04:02 AM
Rose looks good on the court but 47% TS last year. Oh man.

AntiTroller
06-28-2016, 04:12 AM

PGs in the last decade better than Rose:

Westbrook
Wall
Curry
Lilliard
Nash
Paul
Kidd

Stick to Ozzy Rules m8.

CestLaVida
06-28-2016, 04:31 AM

PGs in the last decade better than Rose:

Westbrook
Wall
Curry
Lilliard
Nash
Paul
Kidd

Stick to Ozzy Rules m8.

Lmao, Rose was untouchable in his prime, too bad he got injured. Only PGs that are on his level are AI and Magic.

MVP at 22, that's unprecedented. Had his career gone smoothly he'd have at least a ring or 2 by now.

Bolz
06-28-2016, 04:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks miss the playoffs, even in the east, srs.

Derrick Rose is just another guy at this point in his career. His explosiveness is no longer special, that's just the cold hard truth.

AriGhold
06-28-2016, 05:48 AM
The Knicks have 1 good player and he still has to prove his rookie season wasn't a flash in the pan. They would be lucky to finish 10 games under .500

IH8RICE
06-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Lmao, Rose was untouchable in his prime, too bad he got injured. Only PGs that are on his level are AI and Magic.

MVP at 22, that's unprecedented. Had his career gone smoothly he'd have at least a ring or 2 by now.

But it hasn't. He will never be the same. You have to look at him as he is now and not the fact that he's getting a clean start in NY. There's a reason Chicago gave him up. Kudos to them for sticking with him this long and kudos+ to them for trading him when his stock had recovered somewhat from a decent year.

dmoneythegoat
06-28-2016, 07:06 AM

MVP at 22, that's unprecedented. Had his career gone smoothly he'd have at least a ring or 2 by now.but that's not the rose that NY is getting so it's literally pointless to even mention what he WAS and igore what he IS

WildBill112
06-28-2016, 10:37 AM

Rose was never "untouchable" he was basically gifted the MVP that year because they didn't want to give it to lebron. 25/7.7 as a pg on 44% shooting is not untouchable and is barely even MVP worthy as a high point of a career, especially considering the chicago bulls are known to be lebron's bitch in the playoffs. Stop playing up how good the dude was

SteezeFactory
06-28-2016, 10:52 AM
Win a playoff spot? Sure, like the 5th seed in the East.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/wTzPSxZBqSove/giphy.gif

Lol at all this Knicks hype. They aren't sniffing the finals.

ocill88
06-28-2016, 11:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a6yfGd6.gif One of the best gifs of all time already!!

kengriffeyjr
06-28-2016, 12:11 PM
repped for putting some respek on rose's name. op confirmed as someone who actually watches games

GotNext
06-28-2016, 12:54 PM
You got D. Rose, the best PG the game has seen in the past decade although he might not ever be the same due to his injury but he's still a beast. Then you got Melo and the 2nd ROTY Porzingis.

This is NBA's new big 3, so do you think they can deliver next season? I think they have a massive chance if all goes smoothly.

Knicks had Melo and Porzingis this season and they finished 13th in the Leastern Conference with a 32-50 record.

You add D.Rose, who maybe gives you 50 games give or take and you think you sniff home court advantage in the playoffs? lol, just lol

Knicks need to pray they land Durant or at least Howard to bolster the defense a bit. And then its a Big 4, nothing other would be required to even sniff the EC finals.

BuckN20T
06-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah man, 2k17 ez for beginners.

Bigjoe247
06-28-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm confused. Did LeBron leave Cleveland and retire?? lmao gtfo. I guess Can the Knicks win the title next season = Can Drose last more than 65 games next season. Answer is still no

lsiberian
06-28-2016, 05:06 PM
If they get the right roster around them yes. But they've got a lot of work to do.

ClutchAnalyst
06-28-2016, 05:08 PM
Knicks had Melo and Porzingis this season and they finished 13th in the Leastern Conference with a 32-50 record.

You add D.Rose, who maybe gives you 50 games give or take and you think you sniff home court advantage in the playoffs? lol, just lol

Knicks need to pray they land Durant or at least Howard to bolster the defense a bit. And then its a Big 4, nothing other would be required to even sniff the EC finals.

nah i disagree, they are doing well to rebuild. no one expected them to make playoffs with a rookie porzingus

GotNext
06-28-2016, 09:49 PM
nah i disagree, they are doing well to rebuild. no one expected them to make playoffs with a rookie porzingus

Oh, they are. Hornacek likes fast-paced systems and DRose is obviously a great PG for that, plus with Porzingis they got a big man with mobility. The triangle, which no one fuking understood in NY, is finally a thing of the past too.

But they will be nowhere near the EC finals with those three players unless they land another big name that fits.

quadfecta
06-28-2016, 10:10 PM

It was the same deal when LAL got Nash and Howard to join Kobe. Looked amazing on paper and LA fan assuming they'd be a lock for the finals but we saw what happened there. It's different when you have the best player in the league to lead a superteam (Lebron) but if your best player is Melo, don't count on them beating a healthy cavs in the playoffs--the dude can't even lead a team with Porzingis and Lopez to the playoffs.

CyberSheriff
06-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Westbrook is better now then Rose was when he was healthy.

YoungMetro24
06-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Westbrook is better now then Rose was when he was healthy.

Disagree. 2010-2012 Rose had insane body control.

stilllmatic
06-28-2016, 11:35 PM
zingod will have to lead these bums to the promised land

wickedman
06-29-2016, 02:08 AM
Can they? No. Will they? No.

thehypocrit
06-29-2016, 02:24 AM
You guys are ****ing stupid legit

Kevin Durant would have to be retarded to join the knicks

CestLaVida
06-29-2016, 09:31 AM
You guys are ****ing stupid legit

Kevin Durant would have to be retarded to join the knicks

He's already hanging out with Melo in NYC and will become a free agent come July 2nd. We'll just wait and see.

thehypocrit
06-29-2016, 10:26 AM
He's already hanging out with Melo in NYC and will become a free agent come July 2nd. We'll just wait and see.

Kevin Durant would be autistic to join a team with two high volume shooting ball hogs

At least in westbrooks case he gets some shots in..

Kevin Durant doesn't shoot enough as is..

bananabucket
06-29-2016, 01:24 PM
A playoff spot would be pretty surprising.

JustMoved24
06-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Roae and melo remind me of howard and hardin.

2 "stars" who could have been so much more. I know DROSE got injured not his fault but you know what i mean.

2 "stars" who will never win.

They need to drop everyone but KP and build around him.

Stars can get you to playoffs, but depth on the bench along with "blue collar" players (think tristin thompson) are what make a championship team.

ClutchAnalyst
06-29-2016, 04:04 PM

2 "stars" who could have been so much more. I know DROSE got injured not his fault but you know what i mean.

Stars can get you to playoffs, but depth on the bench along with "blue collar" players (think tristin thompson) are what make a championship team.

i honestly dont get this. its not like melo doesnt try. for the past 3 years hes been trying his ass off, and i think last year everyone saw that.

if you take him out, kristaps doesnt have a veteran to learn from. would completely stunt his growth or at the very least slow it down. they have something going with all this momentum, attracting other free agents and whatnot. why kill that.

JustMoved24
06-29-2016, 04:12 PM
i honestly dont get this. its not like melo doesnt try. for the past 3 years hes been trying his ass off, and i think last year everyone saw that.

if you take him out, kristaps doesnt have a veteran to learn from. would completely stunt his growth or at the very least slow it down. they have something going with all this momentum, attracting other free agents and whatnot. why kill that.

He is extremely one dimensionsal. Plays awful defense, makes nobody around him better.

Im not saying he is a garbage player though lol. Its just a personal opinion that he doesnt have "it" if you know what i mean.

Can he pair up with some dudes and play good in the playoffs? Sure. But like i said i just dont see him ever being that guy that holds up a finals MVP trophy.

I hope im wrong though and he can get the knicks to make somewhat of an entertsining run over the next year or 2

ClutchAnalyst
06-29-2016, 04:19 PM
He is extremely one dimensionsal. Plays awful defense, makes nobody around him better.

Im not saying he is a garbage player though lol. Its just a personal opinion that he doesnt have "it" if you know what i mean.

Can he pair up with some dudes and play good in the playoffs? Sure. But like i said i just dont see him ever being that guy that holds up a finals MVP trophy.

I hope im wrong though and he can get the knicks to make somewhat of an entertsining run over the next year or 2

i suppose we have different opinions, i just think based off what i see, the guy gets trashed for no reason. i always see him playing defense and making good plays, especially last year, he finally passed the ball enough to appeal to the media idiots that were criticizing him for not passing enough, but they still got no where. that just goes to show you, scoring points> everything else. people lose sight of that. knicks need solid role players, they havent had that since melo's scoring champ season

Spill512
06-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Only thing that really gets my knickers in knots is how much New Yorkers have hyped Kristap Porzinigis, to the point where people have been convinced that he's better than D'Angelo Russell. The NY hype machine is crazy.

CestLaVida
12-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Top 4 in the East now. We're on route to winning the championship baby. Fkn lmao at phaggots dissing the Knicks before this season.

CestLaVida
12-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Only thing that really gets my knickers in knots is how much New Yorkers have hyped Kristap Porzinigis, to the point where people have been convinced that he's better than D'Angelo Russell. The NY hype machine is crazy.

Fkn lmao, best young player in the game behind KAT. You're eating your words now

Jadedfadedisbae
12-12-2016, 03:01 AM
I really want them to make noise. Melo needs to get a ring because until he does hes not going to be appreciated as the best that he is. Rose needs it too. It would suck if he is only going to be remembered as a what if. And I like Porzingod, he has a lot of potential. Plus, they have decent backups like Jennings and Lee. I love them this year.

JIGSAW
12-12-2016, 03:29 AM

I love when Australians talk about American sports...........

CestLaVida
12-12-2016, 06:38 AM
I really want them to make noise. Melo needs to get a ring because until he does hes not going to be appreciated as the best that he is. Rose needs it too. It would suck if he is only going to be remembered as a what if. And I like Porzingod, he has a lot of potential. Plus, they have decent backups like Jennings and Lee. I love them this year.

Yeah Melo and Rose deserve it more than anyone in the league. The youngest player ever to win MVP and a top 10 superstar in the past decade. If they don't win it this season then definitely within the next 3 years.

BullBoy8
12-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Fkn lmao, best young player in the game behind KAT. You're eating your words now

Pozingis is better than KAT now and has higher potential than him going forward (srs).

tekkenbruh
12-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Pozingis is better than KAT now and has higher potential than him going forward (srs).

wrong

BullBoy8
12-12-2016, 07:31 AM
wrong

No.

kengriffeyjr
12-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Yeah Melo and Rose deserve it more than anyone in the league. The youngest player ever to win MVP and a top 10 superstar in the past decade. If they don't win it this season then definitely within the next 3 years.

don't forget noah. if both rose & noah were to win a ring, together, that story alone deserves a 30for30 feature. those 2 guys have been through highs/lows together like no other.

BullBoy8
12-12-2016, 07:37 AM

First off, why did you name harden back when this thread was made? Harden is a beast and has been for a while. How much more can harden do? He lead a team to the WCFs, and this year will probably win MVP.

He should have won MVP 2 years ago over Curry, and last year got screwed. Didnt even make 3rd team all nba putting up 29pts 7.5asts and 6rebs which is a joke. This year putting up even bigger stats. Dwight could have been more though but never developed a go to move. He was absolutely dominant on D though for a bit. One of the best defenders of all time at the center position in his prime.

As for the bold. Why would you want to drop this team for KP? They are already pretty much making it his team. They are on pace to win 48-50 games this year. Rose is playing 3rd option. Id rather be in KPs shoes now, getting to the playoffs yearly until he hits his prime at 26, then have a team then built completely around him (cuz rose and melo will be gone) while getting playoff experience now, over being a towns, russell, embiid type where the team is built around you, but you cant even make the playoffs for 2-3 years at least. This is a great situation for KP, and the team is already slowly becoming his.

CestLaVida
12-12-2016, 08:42 PM
don't forget noah. if both rose & noah were to win a ring, together, that story alone deserves a 30for30 feature. those 2 guys have been through highs/lows together like no other.

Yeah not to mention they would've won a championship 4 years ago if it weren't for the refs. The Bulls dun goofed hard though, getting rid of Rose and acquiring Rondo, just lmao.