PDA

View Full Version : Was the fall of Rose the most disappointing thing in sports history?

P51
06-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Saying he is a shell is giving him more credit than he deserves.

Idk if he is even a top 20 pg in the league anymore.

Alkosh
06-24-2016, 12:45 PM
It's up there. But bo jackson's injury was bigger. Maybe the best athlete of all time if not for his injury.

DreamerCut
06-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Grant Hill
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Penny Hardaway

Not even one of the worst in his own sport. Rose was a poor mans Westbrook too, so not like we lost his all time PG either.

4Adz4
06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Not even one of the worst in his own sport. Rose was a poor mans Westbrook too, so not like we lost his all time PG either.

Lol shut up you dumb ****

broboma2012
06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Lol. Rose was a rich man's Westbrook. Rose had way more body control than Westbrook and we were robbed of seeing what rose would have been in his prime. Rose had more talent than penny imo as well. The biggest let down of my fandom for sure

Spill512
06-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Rose was a rich man's Westbrook.

lol

tonyparker69
06-24-2016, 01:04 PM
Rose was a poor mans Westbrook too, so not like we lost his all time PG either.

lmao. rose was way better than westbrook. rose was westbrook with better body control, a much better shot and without westbrook's full retard gene that makes him think he's kobe bryant

JC20010
06-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Grant Hill
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Penny Hardaway

These are all fantastic examples. T-MAC and Yao are the worst for me being a Houston fan, what could have been.....

wheynweed
06-24-2016, 01:09 PM
I only watch NBA during the playoffs. He's only 27 can someone explain how he is past his prime? What happened

tonyparker69
06-24-2016, 01:11 PM
I only watch NBA during the playoffs. He's only 27 can someone explain how he is past his prime? What happened

knee injuries. a lot of them

IsLifeRealLife
06-24-2016, 01:11 PM

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/5290cb9169beddf57770aa70/derrick-rose-injured-his-knee-and-left-arena-on-crutches.jpg

ThatOneBigKid
06-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Bo Jackson's injury was bigger. Maybe the best athlete of all time if not for his injury.

/Thread

Spill512
06-24-2016, 01:19 PM
The only thing Rose is all time at is probably the WOAT managing an injury to the media. He could have been a really endearing figure. The way people look at Brandon Roy but even more sympathetic.

The way him and his team dealt with the press was the worse sequence of PR moves in the history of the league. People WANTED to love Rose. He made himself the butt of every joke.

DreamerCut
06-24-2016, 01:37 PM
lmao. rose was way better than westbrook. rose was westbrook with better body control, a much better shot and without westbrook's full retard gene that makes him think he's kobe bryant

Wait, Are you actually saying MVP-era Rose was better than Westbrook is right now or are you arguing that he would've been better?

It sounds like you are arguing the former(which also implies the latter, of course)

just fukkin lol if that's what ur arguing right now

Lol. Rose was a rich man's Westbrook. Rose had way more body control than Westbrook and we were robbed of seeing what rose would have been in his prime. Rose had more talent than penny imo as well. The biggest let down of my fandom for sure

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif

tonyparker69
06-24-2016, 01:51 PM
Wait, Are you actually saying MVP-era Rose was better than Westbrook is right now or are you arguing that he would've been better?

It sounds like you are arguing the former(which also implies the latter, of course)

just fukkin lol if that's what ur arguing right now

i'm saying mvp rose was better than westbrook is right now

wheynweed
06-24-2016, 01:54 PM
knee injuries. a lot of them
Oh dame. Is there any hope for a full return to his prime? He is only 27

L0lJ0ker3
06-24-2016, 02:02 PM
yall trippin

He still does some amazing chit on the court. FOH

CobyWan
06-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Didn't expect to hear something like this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHDQTy6hFoq/

Who knows maybe this will piss Rose off enough it will push him past the injuries mentally. He will never be as motivated. But if he has just an okay season we'll know what Rose is at this point.

tekkenbruh
06-24-2016, 02:17 PM

Give Westbrook Lebron's body and you get an unstoppable bulldozer. Nobody would be saying the same negatives about WB as they do now if he was 6'7, 240 and could back his feral drives instead of having 50/50 chance to bounce off big defenders who can withstand him

That said

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/25/ba/d9/25bad9e1d6c5e6c7cc3153ee3a265159.jpg

what could have been

BostonRockets
06-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Oh dame. Is there any hope for a full return to his prime? He is only 27

His problems are more mental than physical. Mentally, he is out of it. Doesn't seem to have that competitive nature and doesn't seem to trust his body or really care much for being a great basketball player anymore.

I think of it like extreme action sports people. When they take a hard fall, some guys just don't give any fuks and will continue hucking themselves off ramps but some people start to get a little hesitant every time they approach a jump.

He just wants to be at his kid's graduation.

thebigeasy45
06-24-2016, 02:35 PM
At least we saw what Rose might be at his peak...Greg Oden was so racked with injuries we never even saw what might have been in the NBA. So much potential. Also, the downward spiral of Lamar Odom was pretty sad to watch (though not as sad as D-Rose, as Odom's was self inflicted)

thebigeasy45
06-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Brandon Roy, too...legit felt bad for Blazers fans in the mid-to-late 2000's. Roy, Batum, Oden, Aldridge...could've been something special had they ever been on the court together for an extended period of time.

Woogiefied
06-24-2016, 02:48 PM
It's up there. But bo jackson's injury was bigger. Maybe the best athlete of all time if not for his injury.

While I will agree that he "could" of been one of the all time greats, this man here IS one of them and he just up and quits because of all the losing. He was never in trouble, never disrespectful, always a class act, he just hated all the losing. There will never come close to being another Barry Sanders.

http://i.imgur.com/21DMdN0.jpg

Daewoo_Lanos
06-24-2016, 02:50 PM

Didn't use HGH after his knee surgeries like Westbrook did.

lsiberian
06-24-2016, 02:53 PM

This was it IMO. Bo was the GOAT athlete before the injury. He could have legit made the baseball and football hall of fame.

P51
06-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Give Westbrook Lebron's body and you get an unstoppable bulldozer. Nobody would be saying the same negatives about WB as they do now if he was 6'7, 240 and could back his feral drives instead of having 50/50 chance to bounce off big defenders who can withstand him

That said

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/25/ba/d9/25bad9e1d6c5e6c7cc3153ee3a265159.jpg[/im g]

what could have beenI think Nate Robinson with Lebrons body would be the greatest of all time and it wouldn't even be close.

lsiberian
06-24-2016, 02:55 PM
At least we saw what Rose might be at his peak...Greg Oden was so racked with injuries we never even saw what might have been in the NBA. So much potential. Also, the downward spiral of Lamar Odom was pretty sad to watch (though not as sad as D-Rose, as Odom's was self inflicted)

Nah Oden was just an aging player past his prime.

broboma2012
06-24-2016, 03:00 PM
I think Nate Robinson with Lebrons body would be the greatest of all time and it wouldn't even be close.

Lebron is Nate Robinson with lebron's body

CobyWan
06-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Lebron is Nate Robinson with lebron's body

Hahaha.

jonmcd46
06-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Johnny Manziel gets my vote... for now in b4 epic comeback

MEGUZI
06-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Saying he is a shell is giving him more credit than he deserves.

Idk if he is even a top 20 pg in the league anymore. No, the brutal anal pounding the Warriors received blowing a 3-1 lead with the best record and player of "All TIME" is the biggest rise and fall story srs

JC20010
06-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Not the saddest but one that was perplexing is Titus Young, he showed flashes of being a decent WR but..had issues. Other honorable mentions: Vince young, Justin Blackmon, Jamarcus Russell, Trent Richardson, Greg Oden, Michael olawakandi, Brandon Jennings, quickly gaining ground is Chandler Parsons.