PDA

View Full Version : Do you think "Men's Physique" competitions should drop the beach shorts already?

WutangFlex732
06-22-2016, 09:45 AM
I love aesthetics although I have much admiration for those that do men's physiques but those long trunks are such an eyesore. Honestly shouldn't the judges and IFBB make the contestants wear classic trunks like the ones Arnold, Reg park, and Steve Reeves wore? I feel like it's in someway a "shortcut" and pass for ppl to not do legs. Nearly every single one of them I see have sticks for lower bodies.

JigPig
06-22-2016, 04:52 PM
Yes I think they should drop the shorts and pose naked.

Jk I agree with you.

KevinSorbo
06-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Most men`s physique guys I`ve seen tend to have great legs but the board shorts completely hide quads/hams. As someone who will be competing in Men`s Physique I would definitely prefer shorts similar to Arnold`s day/classic physique. If you have weak calves it looks like you don't train legs at all and the shorts give it more of a "pageant" feel. At least a fitted short that goes half-way down the legs, max.I think all the shorts should at least be fitted to show rough leg size.

brendanh32
07-23-2016, 02:44 PM
should just end MP and merge it with classic

janaka1
07-28-2016, 06:08 AM
I think this is exactly why Classic Physique was created. I think there's a place for it, I personally think its a great entry into the sport and as you grow and develop there's the next step to CP and the BB if you choose. I've done a CP show and much preferred it to the MP in the end, more fun posing etc.