PDA

View Full Version : I'm a short guy, need some help on my cut.

bbbb12341
06-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Everyone is taller so its hard for me to compare my numbers with other people's plans / experiences.
My goal is to cut my bodyfat down.

Current stats:
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 130lbs

I'm quite chubby at the moment. I heard that my target weight is supposed to be 130-140, which is where I am right now but more lean muscle than fat. I'm choosing to cut first and then bulk. Using www . 1percentedge . com/ifcalc/, I find my Basal Metabolic Rate is 1500 Calories, while my TDEE is 1800 Calories. I hear that I'm supposed to eat -500 calories from TDEE, but that would put me below my BMR calories which I heard is dangerous.

Question 1: What should my target daily calorie goal be?

Question 2: I'm drafting my diet at the moment, can someone fill in some recommendations? I don't know what else would be good to add:

250g 95% Lean Ground Beef
500 Calories
75g protein

2 Large Eggs
140 Calories
12g Protein

150g Greek Yogurt
90 Calories
7g Protein

1 Rounded Scoop Whey Protein
120 Calories
24g Protein

1 Cup (240ml) 2% Fairlife Milk
120 Calories
13g Protein

This comes out to 970 Calories and 131g Protein so far.

Thank you.

BrotherWolf
06-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Everyone is taller so its hard for me to compare my numbers with other people's plans / experiences.

Current stats:

I'm quite chubby at the moment. I heard that my target weight is supposed to be 130-140, which is where I am right now but more lean muscle than fat. I'm choosing to cut first and then bulk. Using www . 1percentedge . com/ifcalc/, I find my Basal Metabolic Rate is 1500 Calories, while my TDEE is 1800 Calories. I hear that I'm supposed to eat -500 calories from TDEE, but that would put me below my BMR calories which I heard is dangerous.

Question 2: I'm drafting my diet at the moment, can someone fill in some recommendations? I don't know what else would be good to add:

500 Calories
75g protein

2 Large Eggs
140 Calories
12g Protein

150g Greek Yogurt
90 Calories
7g Protein

120 Calories
24g Protein

120 Calories
13g Protein

Thank you.

that's a diet ? seriously ? I suggest you drop by the nutrition forum
and you are 130lbs? what are you cutting ?

NeonMaj
06-19-2016, 09:02 PM

Current stats:

500 Calories
75g protein

2 Large Eggs
140 Calories
12g Protein

150g Greek Yogurt
90 Calories
7g Protein

120 Calories
24g Protein

120 Calories
13g Protein

Thank you.

Oatmeal is usually a good source of carbs for anyone cutting. You can mix another scoop of protein in the oatmeal if you want with the almond milk. Thats what i do and its pretty good.

bbbb12341
06-19-2016, 09:04 PM
that's a diet ? seriously ? I suggest you drop by the nutrition forum
and you are 130lbs? what are you cutting ?

Yea, this is usually the reaction I get when I consult people.

I understand my numbers seem very small but I'm actually quite chubby. I'm just short so the calculator spit out the calorie numbers presented here.

I will drop by the nutrition forums, thank you. Can you answer question 1 though?

Serpentarius
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Eat X calories, track it for 4 weeks, see what happens, start somewhere.

micheal78
06-19-2016, 11:01 PM
It is highly recommended to use a calorie counter for at least a few days, to see how many calories, carbs, protein, fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals you are truly eating.
protein requires energy to metabolize, a high protein diet can increase calories burned by up to 80 to 100 calories per day
Another thing you need to do is avoid intake of sugar and starts exercisecing

BrotherWolf
06-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Yea, this is usually the reaction I get when I consult people.

I understand my numbers seem very small but I'm actually quite chubby. I'm just short so the calculator spit out the calorie numbers presented here.

I will drop by the nutrition forums, thank you. Can you answer question 1 though?

I can't answer that question but I can tell you 1500 calories a day is not enough , calculators are estimates the only sure way to know what your intake should be is to look at the mirror and scale

cutting will get you nowhere , you will look like a skinny fat but lighter weight..

as far as diet goes it's pretty simple generally speaking
every meal should have 1 protein
1 or more veg and a starch
snack on some fruits, if you gain weight cut on on something
if you lose weight add calories.. hard training will take care of the rest