PDA

View Full Version : New User...Am Stuck, need help/advice

jaredsjoker
06-18-2016, 07:30 AM
Hi there to everyone in the forum, I'm a new user, this is my first thread, not sure where to post it so i put in in a couple of places (sorry if this is annoying)

I'm here because I am at a point where I need help determining what is next for me in my diet/workout life....

obviously it is summer time so I am trying to cut a bit for the beach, i have never been a hefty guy, i stay around 16-18% body fat in winter.

So I calculated my macros about 2 months ago, i forget the percentages (sorry), but have followed this plan since, and have slowly cut out carbs from it, while increasing protein by very little.

I am 6'2 at 195 when this started, ~18% body fat, am now at 184 with ~12-13% body fat

Here is my diet.

Breakfast- 6 egg whites, 1 banana, 3 slices of whole wheat bread
snack- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 2 tbsp flaxseeds, 1 cup strawberries
lunch- protein shake, 6oz chicken breast, 1 whole wheat tortilla, 1 orange, some sliced up veggies
snack- protein shake, 1 apple, 10 almonds
supper- 6 oz lean steak, 5 pieces of asparagus, 1 small sweet potato
snack- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 tpsb peanut butter, protein shake

So total it was about 2400-2800 calories, 210g of protein, 27g of carbs and 62g of fat

As stated, done this for the last 2 months, but every 2 weeks I would slowly take out some carbs, so i am not longer having the bread in the morning or the sweet potato at night or the apple.

I workout 3-4 times a week, wish i could go more but working 3 jobs its hard to get there, and I do HIIT on the stairs 2 times a week, going to start skipping as well soon.

So here is my problem, last 2 week I have not really noticed a change in my body, like i said i am not ~12-13%, but my goals are to at least get to 8-10%, and am stuck, I have no idea how to lose this last little bit, idk if i need to do more cardio, adjust my macros or just stick with this, abs do show but not as much as i'd like.

Another thing is that i honestly never workout my abs, hate doing them, core training i get a little from lifts like squats and deadlifts, but for the most part i never work out my abs. Ever.

So please BB community if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it, what should I do to get that last little bit off? Adjust macros? Keep diet but cut more carbs? Do more cardio? Or just start working out my abs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much, and sorry for long post aha

Heisman2
06-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Could you upload a picture to your bodyspace? That will make it easier to see if you really are ~12-13% bodyfat and if your abs simply are not developed enough at this point.

jaredsjoker
06-18-2016, 10:23 AM
Could you upload a picture to your bodyspace? That will make it easier to see if you really are ~12-13% bodyfat and if your abs simply are not developed enough at this point.

ok i've done it, heres the link, under progress photos in my profile i believe, cant post links til i hit 50 posts sorry

Onlyspoons
06-18-2016, 10:46 AM
According to those macros you are eating more protein than you need and not enough fat.

If your weight loss has stopped you are eating too many calories.