PDA

View Full Version : I'm hungrier on my diet break than I was when cutting?

CarlWheezer
06-17-2016, 03:06 PM
I was cutting at 1500-1600 cals a day and now I am on a diet break eating at supposed maintenance 2000 cals a day and I am actually even hungrier more so now than ever. Like I could eat forever. Is this a normal physiological thing?

Eugenethefit
06-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Have you made any other changes as well? Fiber intake, fats, exercise frequency and/or intensity, water consumption etc

spradish
06-17-2016, 03:10 PM
What are you eating? Some foods keep you feeling full longer. If you have switched from eating filling foods while cutting to less filling foods while on your break, you may continue to be hungry or get hungrier. How did you come up with 2000 as your maintenance calories?

CarlWheezer
06-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Have you made any other changes as well? Fiber intake, fats, exercise frequency and/or intensity, water consumption etcI've been eating even more fiber and more fats here and there due to more calories to eat. Exercising same. It feels like now that I am finally giving my body more calories it just wants to eat eat eat. That's my guess.

CarlWheezer
06-17-2016, 05:18 PM
What are you eating? Some foods keep you feeling full longer. If you have switched from eating filling foods while cutting to less filling foods while on your break, you may continue to be hungry or get hungrier. How did you come up with 2000 as your maintenance calories?

I must admit I have been neglecting proper filling foods such as fruits and vegetables. I haven't gone over 2000 calories on my break though. I've gone from 141.8 to 142.6 in the five days I've been eating my supposed maintenance but I have gotten leaner and stronger not fatter and bloated.

How I got 2000 calories was by multiplying my 142lbs weight by 14. I have a mildly active job I walk about 13,000 steps a day while moving 1-10lbs objects. My maintenance might even be closer to 2200 but idk. I'm gaining weight on 2000 so I don't think increasing anymore is a good idea.

spradish
06-17-2016, 06:07 PM
You've gained .8 lbs of water weight. I can't imagine your maintenance calories are only 2000 unless you are a very small guy. I'm a woman twice your age with a TDEE over that.

My take on a diet break has been that it is a time to truly take a break from the deficit and to refuel mentally and physiologically before continuing to cut. I've always gone straight to maintenance (2200-2400 depending on time of year/training), eaten there for 9 days (started on a Saturday and gone through the week and next weekend.) By Thursday/Friday I'm always refreshed and ready to go but I keep the break for a few more days.

If you are still that hungry, I tend to think that you're not actually eating at maintenance which, in my opinion, does you no favors and just extends the hunger feelings that were part of the reason for starting the cut.

CarlWheezer
06-17-2016, 07:20 PM
You've gained .8 lbs of water weight. I can't imagine your maintenance calories are only 2000 unless you are a very small guy. I'm a woman twice your age with a TDEE over that.

My take on a diet break has been that it is a time to truly take a break from the deficit and to refuel mentally and physiologically before continuing to cut. I've always gone straight to maintenance (2200-2400 depending on time of year/training), eaten there for 9 days (started on a Saturday and gone through the week and next weekend.) By Thursday/Friday I'm always refreshed and ready to go but I keep the break for a few more days.

If you are still that hungry, I tend to think that you're not actually eating at maintenance which, in my opinion, does you no favors and just extends the hunger feelings that were part of the reason for starting the cut.i am a very small guy Lol I'm 142lbs like 20% BF.

I realize that my gain is water. I am just unsure whether or not to try raising my calories to 2200 or so to see if that's my maintenance.