PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight and lose skin

Wick788
06-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone I am a 25 year old male well about to be 26 in a month i am about 5'8-5'9 and about 265 pounds. I have a goal to lose about 45 pounds and get down to 220. Now I do want to say when i was young in high school like 15-16 i was about 280 pounds and then lost a lot of weight and went down to 215 pounds. Then around my juinor senior years i gained it back and went to about 280 pounds. I played football since i was a little kid so i lifted all through high school to now. Now when i graduated i gained more weight and got to the heaviest i ever was at around 305-315. Well then i got motivated again and lost a lot and went back down to around 220 then once again i gained it back when i was 23. Now i as i said earlier i am 265 and have been lifting 5 days a week since i was 24. I actually stoped lifting when i graduated highschool at 18 then started again when i was 24. Now i have done decent job working out every day im pretty strong guy but i have struggled with over eating and within the 2 years i started lifting again so i lost about 20 pounds going from 280-260 but other than that i am disappointed in myself because i could be down a lot more weight. i drink lots of water like 8 glasses a day. Now ive seen pictures of people who lost weight and have had so much skin hanging its was terrifying to look at, but these people were like 400 pounds. All i want to know is when i get to my goal weight of 220 is it possible that i could look like that i never did before when i lost weight but i lost and gained so much that is what scares me. Im not going on a crash diet or anything and not going to lose it real fast. also i dont try losing weight with just cardio i lift everyday also and drink lots of water.

GSXRMax
06-14-2016, 11:10 AM
loose skin has too many variables to give any type of guess at how it will look 2 years from now.

but i can tell you that 220 is a very high goal weight. you shouldn't have a goal weight at all, just keep your diet in check and cut until you don't have excess fat on you and are prepared to bulk.

Eugenethefit
06-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Keep lifting and lose at a controlled pace then you should be fine, but 8 glasses isn't a lot bro especially when 265 go for half of your bodyweight in ounces of water minimum

Wick788
06-15-2016, 11:34 AM
loose skin has too many variables to give any type of guess at how it will look 2 years from now.

but i can tell you that 220 is a very high goal weight. you shouldn't have a goal weight at all, just keep your diet in check and cut until you don't have excess fat on you and are prepared to bulk.

when you say 220 is a high goal weight do you mean thats a lot of weight to lose or not enough ? also you think it will take 2 years to lose 40 pounds ?

GSXRMax
06-15-2016, 12:24 PM
when you say 220 is a high goal weight do you mean thats a lot of weight to lose or not enough ? also you think it will take 2 years to lose 40 pounds ?

for your height, i doubt you have more than 160lbs of LBM. so 220 lbs would still see you at a high bf%. there's no reason to put a goal on your weight. your goal should always be your bodyfat %. and i lost 80lbs in 8 months, so i'm sure you can drop 40 in a lot shorter than 2 years.