PDA

View Full Version : New to this (Metabolism and fat loss questions)

Komorov
06-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Im a 19 y/o male, 6' around 190 lbs.

Dont think I've ever been overweight but I definitely wouldnt call myself fit. I've gained about 5 pounds over the last year, but I dont think Im over eating. Im pretty sure my metabolism is really low. For example, when I go to a restaraunt and order a hamburger, I usually can only eat 2/3 of it and some days I only find myself eating breakfast and a lunch or dinner. I figure the only way to lose weight and raise my metabolism is to go to the gym, so I've started going 3 times a week 2 weeks ago. I have noticed some small changes in appetite and I generally am feeling better since I've started. I figured I should ask some people who know what they're doing before continuing. I tried looking up threads on metabolism on here but most of them were about low metabolism due to dieting, which Im not sure applies to me.

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide.

GSXRMax
06-14-2016, 09:31 AM
you're increasing your activity. burning up more calories at the gym. and the weight training is making your body demand more nutrition in the way of protein, so you're hungrier.

you're at the prime age to be adding muscle, and 190lbs at 6' isn't what's considered too fat to bulk. take advantage of your age and start eating more protein and building muscle. in a year you'll have some good mass and can look at cutting away at any gained fat