PDA

View Full Version : might be posting in the wrong section here but...

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 09:51 AM
my metabolism is apparently buzzing... the level of hunger i've had this week is ridiculous...

recently swapped to a new gym... once i swapped the compound lifts were finally available to me... previously at planet fitness (no squat racks, no where to deadlift)... so i decided since i haven't been performing these lifts that i'm a beginner and needed to run a full body routine... at lease for a while... i haven't really decided what program i'm going to run yet... i like starting strength but i need to learn to power clean first... also like strong lifts and have downloaded the iphone app to make it easy to track progress...

BUT... like i said i've been running a full body workout 3 days a week... it's poorly structured and i'm slaying myself... doing essentially every compound lift in a single workout... squats, BP, pendlay's, DL, OHP, pull/chin ups, abs then finish with a single superset of machine chest press and machine rows AMRAP... this routine takes me right around 2 hours to complete... my appetite is crazy right now though... i said i was going to stop tracking but felt lost without MFP so i'm still tracking... 3000 calories is necessary at the moment or my stomach is just growling... now i did have a bit of a binge episode on wednesday... i don't know if that's contributing to my body asking for more calories or what... i'm not cutting atm so im no really bothered... i'm looking to gain strenth and bulk right now so not a huge deal... i feel like getting acquainted with proper squats, deads, and OHP has really increased my caloric demand... does it sound that way to you guys or am i just eating like an *******?

khkish
06-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Are you sure you're eating correct & accurate amounts of calories ?

gbullock32
06-05-2016, 11:09 AM
And he's back ladies and gentlemen.

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Are you sure you're eating correct & accurate amounts of calories ?

i dont know how to respond... yes?

Mrpb
06-05-2016, 11:55 AM
my metabolism is apparently buzzing... the level of hunger i've had this week is ridiculous...

Eat more. Forget about tracking.

Domicron
06-05-2016, 11:57 AM
try to switch your focus from tracking to making better food choices, and then just follow your appetite.

mike33511
06-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I suggest you start a real routine. Doing squats, deadlifts, and bench press, plus all the other lifts, all 3 times a week will burn you out pretty quickly. There is a reason no full body routine is structured this way. Fierce 5 would be a great choice.

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Eat more. Forget about tracking.

yeah!

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 01:08 PM
try to switch your focus from tracking to making better food choices, and then just follow your appetite.

My diet is full of quality foods. I probably need to squeeze in the occasional indulgence for sanity sake. Order a pizza PWO once every couple weeks... Or grab a frozen one.

Domicron
06-05-2016, 01:11 PM
oh, sorry, forgot you already know all the answers and are asking for advice for hypothetical purposes

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I suggest you start a real routine. Doing squats, deadlifts, and bench press, plus all the other lifts, all 3 times a week will burn you out pretty quickly. There is a reason no full body routine is structured this way. Fierce 5 would be a great choice.

Not crazy about fierce 5... I'm trying to focus on strength as I'm likely going to compete in powerlifting before the end of the year. probably going to go strong lifts I just don't want to start so light...

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 01:13 PM
oh, sorry, forgot you already know all the answers and are asking for advice for hypothetical purposes

When you said "make better food choices" what did you mean? I took it as more whole foods...

mike33511
06-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Not crazy about fierce 5... I'm trying to focus on strength as I'm likely going to compete in powerlifting before the end of the year. probably going to go strong lifts I just don't want to start so light...

Stronglifts would be a great choice, as well.

PendlayRow8500
06-05-2016, 01:41 PM
And he's back ladies and gentlemen.

*** golf clap ***

Cshall98
06-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Well a little confused about the the question is your asking, but here how I would go about it:

If you've found the amount of calories that makes you gain ~2 pounds a week on your bulk, the fill it up with more foods lower and calories and higher in volume to satisfy you.
That way you can eat the caloric target and be full

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 02:21 PM
*** golf clap ***

...back again... Cason's back. Tell some men...

Bullock won't tell ya how many times I've PM'd him to try and make peace but he ignores me.

loganhart
06-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Consume nutrient minimums and a caloric amount that has you progressing in the gym and gaining a few lbs a month.

Strong lifts is a great choice.

Check out the
Workout Program Forum (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8&) for more info on a proper program.

Domicron
06-05-2016, 02:57 PM
When you said "make better food choices" what did you mean? I took it as more whole foods...

try to eat meals that are more balanced in terms of nutrients and stop worrying about counting them.

so instead of doing the "well if i eat 4.86 donuts now, i'll still have 490 discretionary calories to get to later tonight, and i'll still need 125g protein later" etc.

instead, just eat meals that have a reasonable portion of protein, a moderate amount of fat, and some starchy and fibrous carbs for fiber/micros/satiety. and don't worry about counting it.

if you can make good food choices, then you'll more than likely have met your macros.

CasnOwns
06-05-2016, 03:23 PM
try to eat meals that are more balanced in terms of nutrients and stop worrying about counting them.

so instead of doing the "well if i eat 4.86 donuts now, i'll still have 490 discretionary calories to get to later tonight, and i'll still need 125g protein later" etc.

instead, just eat meals that have a reasonable portion of protein, a moderate amount of fat, and some starchy and fibrous carbs for fiber/micros/satiety. and don't worry about counting it.

if you can make good food choices, then you'll more than likely have met your macros.

sounds like a solid plan... cheers i'll give that a go...

relejia
06-05-2016, 04:03 PM

recently swapped to a new gym... once i swapped the compound lifts were finally available to me... previously at planet fitness (no squat racks, no where to deadlift)... so i decided since i haven't been performing these lifts that i'm a beginner and needed to run a full body routine... at lease for a while... i haven't really decided what program i'm going to run yet... i like starting strength but i need to learn to power clean first... also like strong lifts and have downloaded the iphone app to make it easy to track progress...

BUT... like i said i've been running a full body workout 3 days a week... it's poorly structured and i'm slaying myself... doing essentially every compound lift in a single workout... squats, BP, pendlay's, DL, OHP, pull/chin ups, abs then finish with a single superset of machine chest press and machine rows AMRAP... this routine takes me right around 2 hours to complete... my appetite is crazy right now though... i said i was going to stop tracking but felt lost without MFP so i'm still tracking... 3000 calories is necessary at the moment or my stomach is just growling... now i did have a bit of a binge episode on wednesday... i don't know if that's contributing to my body asking for more calories or what... i'm not cutting atm so im no really bothered... i'm looking to gain strenth and bulk right now so not a huge deal... i feel like getting acquainted with proper squats, deads, and OHP has really increased my caloric demand... does it sound that way to you guys or am i just eating like an *******?

unless you're super active outsie the gym. 3k might be too much for u

boo99
06-05-2016, 04:28 PM

No wonder you are "slaying" yourself, 2 hrs of weight training is too much for you, obviously

Find a better routine with less time

gbullock32
06-05-2016, 10:40 PM
...back again... Cason's back. Tell some men...

Bullock won't tell ya how many times I've PM'd him to try and make peace but he ignores me.Ignoring you, like you ignore all the advice given to you countless times.

Weird how that works, isn't it.

Mrpb
06-05-2016, 11:08 PM
No wonder you are "slaying" yourself, 2 hrs of weight training is too much for you, obviously

Find a better routine with less time

And this ^.

muruku
06-06-2016, 02:43 AM
yo OP, i think you might be interested in this prog; http://swoleateveryheight.blogspot.sg/2014/06/15-weeks-of-jacked-tan-results.html

and yea, just listen to your stomach and eat bruh.

ironwill2008
06-06-2016, 06:56 AM
Your questions have all been answered countless times already, OP. I suggest you go back and re-read all the replies in your previous threads.