PDA

View Full Version : Are my Macros correct?

thomas1700
06-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi guys can you tell me if I have calculated my macros correctly please.

So I read the sticky on counting calories and calculating Macros and I think I've done it correctly.

I used the Katch-McArdle method and came out with 1922.824 so I've rounded that too 1923.

I have 9% body fat (estimate) using callipers and I weight 79kg right now.

Then using an activity variable of 1.3 I came out with the number 2500 for calories.

I want to lose weight so I've decided on subtracting 15% from me TEE calories. This = 2125 calories.

Macros:

Protein = 142 grams (568 calories)

Fats = 95 grams (855 calories)

Carbs = 175 grams (702 calories)

So I worked out my Protein by using strength training so I X 1.8 by 79kg

I used low body fat for fat so I did 1.2 x 79kg

Then I added the calories up and subtracted for my total carbs.

Can you let me know whether you think this is correct please?

I've attached a photo of my body now.

UABDLC
06-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Nothing wrong with the macros. You will just need to adjust calories based on the amount of weight you gain / lose.

Looking at your picture I'm not sure why you want to lose weight. To me it looks like you need to work on correcting posture, and bulking up a bit. It looks like you have internally rotated shoulder(s). Stretching your pecs and doing a lot of band pull-aparts, face-pulls and generally more pulling than pushing when working out will help correct this.

Don't get down about what I said though, you still look in better shape than 90% of the people around, myself included.

thomas1700
06-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Nothing wrong with the macros. You will just need to adjust calories based on the amount of weight you gain / lose.

Looking at your picture I'm not sure why you want to lose weight. To me it looks like you need to work on correcting posture, and bulking up a bit. It looks like you have internally rotated shoulder(s). Stretching your pecs and doing a lot of band pull-aparts, face-pulls and generally more pulling than pushing when working out will help correct this.

Don't get down about what I said though, you still look in better shape than 90% of the people around, myself included.

I'm glad the macros are good.

I want to lose more fat really so my abs come out more. I do eventually want to bulk, but I'd rather lose fat first.

I have good posture to be honest so it may just be the photo I've uploaded, I took it myself so it might explain it.

UABDLC
06-04-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm glad the macros are good.

I want to lose more fat really so my abs come out more. I do eventually want to bulk, but I'd rather lose fat first.

I have good posture to be honest so it may just be the photo I've uploaded, I took it myself so it might explain it.

Fair enough mate. If you relax your arms by your side and the thumbs are facing forward it should be good. If the backs of your hands are facing forward then you probably have internally rotated shoulders. I only pick up in it because I had to correct my own posture a few years back.

thomas1700
06-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Fair enough mate. If you relax your arms by your side and the thumbs are facing forward it should be good. If the backs of your hands are facing forward then you probably have internally rotated shoulders. I only pick up in it because I had to correct my own posture a few years back.

Yeah its just the photo I think. My hands go down sideways aligned with my arms. Thanks for the concern though.

thomas1700
06-06-2016, 06:28 PM
I just want to know are these macros good to get more lean than I already am? My main aim is too lose fat around my stomach so my abs show through, its really my only problem area. I'm lifting heavy so I don't lose too much muscle.

gbullock32
06-06-2016, 10:59 PM
I just want to know are these macros good to get more lean than I already am? My main aim is too lose fat around my stomach so my abs show through, its really my only problem area. I'm lifting heavy so I don't lose too much muscle.Assuming the calorie intake is a deficit than yes.

thomas1700
06-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Assuming the calorie intake is a deficit than yes.

Great. Thanks, yeah I'm on a deficit.