PDA

View Full Version : what to do with unflavored protein powder?

METALMUSKEE
05-31-2016, 10:48 PM
I have 5lbs of unflavored protein powder and i dont know what to do with it. Im used to drinking my shakes with any kind of flavored powder and i feel like it is going to taste weird using unflavored powder.I searched up recipes using unflavored by either they are too complicated or the calorie: protein ratio is too high on calories. Any suggestions or recipes? . Might just use it to do simple pancakes. Thank you in advance.

gbullock32
05-31-2016, 11:00 PM
Look up protein recipes (like you did) but actually try cooking them.

Use milk/drink flavorings, or blend it with fruit to cover the taste.

Yes, unflavored generally tastes pretty bad.

magician27
06-01-2016, 12:06 AM
do some baking , brownies or something . use cocoa and sweeteners , you can replace flour with it for any cooking. dont waste your money on unflavored again :)

Partyrocking
06-01-2016, 02:57 AM
I like unflavored protein for savory dishes, e.g. gnocchi, mac and cheese, sometimes I add some to my eggs. IMO, it doesn't taste like anything but if you toss it in tomato sauce, it takes on a texture like shaker's cheese.

I'm actually almost out now, but I only got 2lbs to try it out.

aquamarine84
06-01-2016, 03:28 AM
Is it whey, plant based or blend? I have unflavored hemp protein I use to replace some of the flour for baking. I've considered getting some unflavored whey to use in place of powdered milk in some of my bread recipes - I did use chocolate whey in place of powdered milk in some waffles and they worked out nicely. One thing about cooking and baking is much like lifting heavy: You can't be afraid to fail.

Mrpb
06-01-2016, 07:23 AM
I add it to Greek yogurt with fruit and honey. Like it a lot.

Budjola
06-01-2016, 07:34 AM
add cinnamon and raw cocoa powder

Mrpb
06-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Good for fruit shakes too. Yesterday I had banana with blueberry.

Obstacles
06-02-2016, 12:54 PM
depends what i'm using it for, but unflavored goes good in savory dishes (falafel, pasta, etc) just for extra protein

i'm more of a sweets person so i would mix in some cinnamon and sweetener (stevia, splenda, whatever) and use some extract in whatever im mixing it in (vanilla, coconut, almond, etc)