PDA

View Full Version : Eat without being full?

hinzko
05-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Hey there,
I consider myself a hardgainer and I'm desperately trying to gain weight. I've been working out 5 times a week for almost 6 months now and I have seen good results. As I hit a plateau and didn't seem to gain more weight in the last few months, I decided to take it a step further by counting macros and giving Intermittent Fasting a shot. It seems like a good choice to me, anyways, I'm not here to discuss IF. My main problem is that an intake of 3200 calories (on workout days) seems impossible to me. I just cannot eat enough, I'd puke if I ate bigger meals. The question here is, do you have any tricks to get hungry/not get full? Do you have any recipes for fluid, high-calorie "meals"?
Usually, I don't have a problem with getting enough protein, it's rather the carbs and fat that doesn't fit in my body.
I should also say that I'm going very heavy in my compound movements (compared to my standard), so that shouldn't be the problem. Also, weight gainers and protein shakes are no option as they most likely give me acne (yeah, **** me).
I'm sorry if this is somehow the wrong place for this topic, but this is my first post ever. Also, excuse my english if there are any mistakes, it is not my mother language.
Thank you for your advice.

Sherniee
05-30-2016, 02:16 AM
You're not a hard gainer if your problem is not eating enough, you're simply just not a big eater.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be doing IF; if you have trouble eating enough food, why compress a day's worth of calories into a window when you can spread it through the entire day?

Are you eating junk food? You don't have to eat a lot, but if you threw some ice cream or whatever into your diet, it's probably gonna be a good fat & carb macro addition.

If you keep at it, eating 3,200 calories, you'll eventually get used to it.

hinzko
05-30-2016, 02:35 AM
I guess you are right about the hardgainer thing.

Well, I decided to give IF a try because it promises muscle gain without fat gain, which is my goal because summer is coming.

I stopped eating chips, ice cream etc completely because i wanted to look better with extra muscle, not simply get heavier. Will that sugar really help me put on lean muscle mass?

You mean I can eat more and more after a while if i simply try it everyday?

Budjola
05-30-2016, 02:41 AM
try spreading meals through the day, eat more complex carbs (oats). for me since im on If for quite some time eating 1500 kcals a meal is childs play and all my kcals are mostly from veggies and meat-fish

BrightonBomber
05-30-2016, 02:59 AM
So you're trying to gain weight yet doing intermittent fasting? Really, so you are going for periods where you're eating nothing for hours then have to cram everything in and wonder why you can't eat enough? You're handicapping yourself with IF, just eat and eat regularly and your appetite will grow.

Znik
05-30-2016, 03:13 AM
Don't do IF on a bulk, it's not optimal (3-5 meals spread throughout the day is). If you have issues eating enough because of appetite then eat more calorie dense stuff or make/buy a gainer shake or two a day, junk food is excellent to bump the calories up easily without providing much satiety.

If milk/standard based gainer shakes give you acne then make your own with peanut butter, olive oil, almond/coconut or whatever milk, ice cream, fruit or whatever.

hinzko
05-30-2016, 03:28 AM
If milk/standard based gainer shakes give you acne then make your own with peanut butter, olive oil, almond/coconut or whatever milk, ice cream, fruit or whatever.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any tips/recipes/links for that?
I'm not sure about the junk food thing though.

Znik
05-30-2016, 03:47 AM
That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any tips/recipes/links for that?
I'm not sure about the junk food thing though.

www.google.com has all the recipes you require.

Assuming you get adequate macros and calories, junk food or not doesn't matter much if any.

Sherniee
05-30-2016, 04:00 AM
I guess you are right about the hardgainer thing.

Well, I decided to give IF a try because it promises muscle gain without fat gain, which is my goal because summer is coming.

I stopped eating chips, ice cream etc completely because i wanted to look better with extra muscle, not simply get heavier. Will that sugar really help me put on lean muscle mass?

You mean I can eat more and more after a while if i simply try it everyday?

Junk food does not make you fat, too high of a calorie surplus makes you fat. If you somehow managed to get into a caloric surplus eating just lettuce without dying, you'd still gain weight. What you heard about IF is wrong, as the fellow above me mentioned.

Onlyspoons
05-30-2016, 05:11 AM
Intermittent fasting is only useful if you have trouble sticking to a calorie goal unless you limit the number of hours a day you allow yourself to eat. This is literally the opposite of your problem.

Stop doing IF. Eat a number of calories that has you gaining 2lbs a month. If you have trouble getting enough calories eat more calorie dense foods and drink some of your calories.

hinzko
05-30-2016, 05:24 AM
ok, so I'm going to stop IF.
Thank you for your help.