PDA

View Full Version : Looking to lose weight

genobarrera
05-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone. I'm looking for supplements to support fat loss. What fat loss pill or supplements would you guys recommend? I've been looking at Evlution Lean Mode and Jym Shred... but I can't decide. Also what pre-workout should I take? I need something that gives me energy so that I can get through my workout. I also like a pre-workout that gives me a nice pump. Having an 8 month old who wakes up in the middle of the night and has early morning wake-up calls has my energy levels at an all time low. Mom will be able to watch my son over the summer before I go to work second shift so that I can get back in the gym, I gained a few lbs with my fiance when she was pregnant. I've lost about 8 lbs by eating clean and looking to lose more so that I can look good for my wedding in September.

I'm getting fish oils and will be taking Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey. I also have some ON Opti-men multivitamins that i'm going to take aswell.

Thanks
-Geno.

OT2000
05-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Get back into the gym and get your diet together. Without that it won't matter what pills you buy.

Headway
05-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Diet under control, drink water to maintain fullness, drink coffee for energy

Partyrocking
05-27-2016, 05:23 PM
I would start with Counting Calories and Macros (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183) and a food scale

From there, I would go to the Workout Program section and get a routine. AllPros may be a good one in your case. There's a butchered edition if you want a faster progression. You could also try Fierce 5 or Kelei's routine. IMO, it doesn't matter too much what you pick right now; just something you will be motivated to do.

After you get consistent with the above, you may want to consider some supplements.

In terms of pre-workouts, you could either go with a pre with stims and a good pump matrix, like White Rapids or you could go with a stim free pre workout (tend to have more pump enhancers) and pair it with your stimulant of choice, either caffeine pills or a fat burner, e.g. White Pipes or PES High Volume.

Fat burners can help with appetite suppression, energy, a bit of a thermogenic boost. I wouldn't start here though because the no fat burner can do anything if you overeat.

Furian is worth taking a look at. http://www.mdlatino.mx/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/10/furian.png

urg862
05-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Start with a appropriate caloric deficit and a solid training program. Add some coffee or caffeine tabs for energy.

llahhsoj
05-28-2016, 05:51 AM
If you do go with a fat burner that contains stimulants, I would opt for a preworkout that doesn't have them in it. High Volume and Hemavol are two great ones. The first thing you should focus on is diet and get some consistent training in.

-SDR-
05-28-2016, 08:25 AM
What fat loss pill or supplements would you guys recommend? ...Also what pre-workout should I take? I need something that gives me energy so that I can get through my workout. I also like a pre-workout that gives me a nice pump.

Take a look at Velocity Ultra. It's designed to be both a preworkout and fat loss aid. It's extremely effective at both tasks, and is extremely cost effective, especially considering all you get from one product!

Store Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neogenix/velocity-ultra.html

WestCoastFire
05-28-2016, 11:37 AM
The only way to burn off fat or excess fat is to get the stress/cortisol levels under control which usually focuses on optimizing sleep. It won't matter how dialed in your macros are, how good your diet is, or how close you track calories; if your stress levels are bad and cortisol is elevated, your body will not burn off it's fat stores, no matter what you do.

SteelFitJourney
05-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Lets start with the basics before adding supps, track your diet for a few weeks using a simple app to see exactly what your dealing with. Reduce calories intake to a deficit and try to get nutrition on point.

Big.Jazayrli
05-29-2016, 12:50 PM
It's really your diet that is going to drive fat loss, no supplement is going to take the place of solid calorie deficit. You may consider a thermogenic for appetite suppression and/or energy

tmd17
05-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Take a look at Velocity Ultra. It's designed to be both a preworkout and fat loss aid. It's extremely effective at both tasks, and is extremely cost effective, especially considering all you get from one product!

Store Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neogenix/velocity-ultra.html

If you get your diet and exercise in check, I would consider looking into a supplement like this. You can take it preworkout for a energy/focus/pump boost! The caffeine amount will suppress your appetite significantly, and you'll also reap some body recomp effects from the 50mg of Forskolin-95. Great product that's geared towards improving workout performance and fat loss.

andrewwww
05-31-2016, 09:49 AM
If diet/training is in check Nutrabolics Thermal XTC/Carnibolic have been getting great feedback/reviews. Great for appetite control, energy and slight thermo effect which will increase caloric expenditure slightly.

Blue Star Blade is another product ill vouch fore in this category