PDA

View Full Version : Bcaa powder, alternative ways to take it.

Mosescox123
05-24-2016, 09:00 AM
I have recently bought bcaa powder and I thought I'd buy it flavourless so it's easier to drink. It tastes like medicine and doesn't dissolve into water. I can't stand the taste of it. I have tried making it into capsules but to get the right amount I have to make and consume 15 capsules at a time. Is there anyway I can bomb it or something. Thanks

Tyler2106
05-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Best thing to do is to stop buying BCAAs and eat sufficient protein from whole foods each day. Spend the money you save from buying BCAAs on something useful.

hellstorm2004
05-24-2016, 09:11 AM
If you have to finish it... use Mio or Crystal Light.

Sean26607
05-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Toss it and go with Alpha Amino from Cellucor. Tastes legit and kept me hydrated pretty well more than others have done without a change in diet.

Inb4thehaters

ajej4780
05-24-2016, 09:13 AM
I have recently bought bcaa powder and I thought I'd buy it flavourless so it's easier to drink. It tastes like medicine and doesn't dissolve into water. I can't stand the taste of it. I have tried making it into capsules but to get the right amount I have to make and consume 15 capsules at a time. Is there anyway I can bomb it or something. Thanks

How many scoops are you taking? Can you just dump the scoop in your mouth and chase it with water? I prefer to use flavored BCAAs. If your's is unflavored maybe you could mix it with your protein shake or I've even heard of people mixing it with a glass of milk.

wishiwasdivin
05-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Unflavored BCAAs taste very horrible. I can still remember the very first time I had an unflavored bcaa never again will I do that. I always stick with a flavored one now. You can try something like Mio or Crystal Light.

If your open to some flavored bcaa options just let us know?

Headway
05-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Easy, buy flavored BCAA. Xtend uses great flavoring.

eatyourspinach
05-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Make BCAA Jell-O.

Headway
05-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Make BCAA Jell-O.
never thought of that, sounds good...

Mosescox123
05-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Unflavored BCAAs taste very horrible. I can still remember the very first time I had an unflavored bcaa never again will I do that. I always stick with a flavored one now. You can try something like Mio or Crystal Light.

Yeah it's one of the worst the worst supplements I've tasted! Yes I'm willing to try new bcaa's it's just that I've only just bought this one

Mosescox123
05-24-2016, 09:43 AM
The only thing is I've just bought it and hate things to go to waste. I tried putting it with protein shake and milk it still tastes awful but will have to make do I guess

ERGOGENIX
05-24-2016, 09:44 AM

What made you think flavorless would be easier?

wishiwasdivin
05-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Yeah it's one of the worst the worst supplements I've tasted! Yes I'm willing to try new bcaa's it's just that I've only just bought this oneWell, I just noticed your 17 and that being the case I can't recommend any supplements to anyone who is under 18.

Universal Rep
05-24-2016, 10:29 AM
Best thing to do is to stop buying BCAAs and eat sufficient protein from whole foods each day. Spend the money you save from buying BCAAs on something useful.

So here's the thing. I know more than one IFBB Pros. Their diets tend to be on point. Yet all of them, without fail, actually supplement with either powdered EAA or BCAA. And they actually use quite a bit of it. So the question is, why are they using powdered aminos? And can non-IFBB Pros benefit from them? EAAs are one of the few supplements that actually have a great body of science behind it with respect to anabolism and protein synthesis. I actually think many people can benefit from use personally. Free form, powdered aminos have different advantages than whole food proteins. They are not necessarily interchangeable in my book. If you are just looking to top out your daily protein intake, then free form aminos is definitely not worth it.

That's weird. I don't think I've ever had unflavored BCAAs. But I do know that many flavored amino powder products taste great, like Animal Juiced Aminos. So I wonder why this is.

Tyler2106
05-24-2016, 12:08 PM
So here's the thing. I know more than one IFBB Pros. Their diets tend to be on point. Yet all of them, without fail, actually supplement with either powdered EAA or BCAA. And they actually use quite a bit of it. So the question is, why are they using powdered aminos? And can non-IFBB Pros benefit from them? EAAs are one of the few supplements that actually have a great body of science behind it with respect to anabolism and protein synthesis. I actually think many people can benefit from use personally. Free form, powdered aminos have different advantages than whole food proteins. They are not necessarily interchangeable in my book. If you are just looking to top out your daily protein intake, then free form aminos is definitely not worth it.

Can you fairly compare a IFBB pro with the average person on this forum? Supplementation, diet, exercise are all drastically different.

ultramario17
05-24-2016, 12:22 PM
stick it in a turkey baster

ajej4780
05-24-2016, 12:24 PM
you could always try mixing it in a blender with bacon and vanilla ice cream.

DarkAvenger
05-24-2016, 12:31 PM
I use to hate my BCAA because of taste. All I would do was throw the scoop in my mouth and quickly pound down some water.

kardoxo
05-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Mix it with some flavour drops. MyProtein has some really delicious flavour drops

Bigdumogre
05-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Mix it with some flavour drops. MyProtein has some really delicious flavour drops

Did you know he is under 18? Do you know rep rules ? Will you ever read this post?

Universal Rep
05-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Can you fairly compare a IFBB pro with the average person on this forum? Supplementation, diet, exercise are all drastically different.

That's a great question, obviously. Of course, pros differ from the average lifter here on the forum, no doubt about it. The question I was interested in is, why are they using aminos and, based on that, can the average lifter benefit from that knowledge? The pros I'm referring to have diets that are on point. The one in particular I'm thinking of eats a wide variety of foods, plenty of greens, and really cares about quality. Despite this, he uses EAAs religiously. So why? He can take and eat whatever he wants – why does he still supplement with EAAs?

Tyler2106
05-24-2016, 01:39 PM
That's a great question, obviously. Of course, pros differ from the average lifter here on the forum, no doubt about it. The question I was interested in is, why are they using aminos and, based on that, can the average lifter benefit from that knowledge? The pros I'm referring to have diets that are on point. The one in particular I'm thinking of eats a wide variety of foods, plenty of greens, and really cares about quality. Despite this, he uses EAAs religiously. So why? He can take and eat whatever he wants – why does he still supplement with EAAs?

That's a good question. I think without asking one of them, we won't know. My guess would be that since everything from their training to nutrition is so on point that they feel (because of the perceived benefits from them) that EAAs could only help them. Science suggests they don't help, but maybe it's one of those supplements they take whether they think it helps or not in hopes that it does make a difference.

Universal Rep
05-24-2016, 01:41 PM
That's a good question. I think without asking one of them, we won't know. My guess would be that since everything from their training to nutrition is so on point that they feel (because of the perceived benefits from them) that EAAs could only help them. Science suggests they don't help, but maybe it's one of those supplements you take whether you think it helps or not.

Ah, there's that word "science" again. I know I'm giving you a hard time...

Anyway, I'm no pro. But I do use it regularly, daily in fact – and largely based on some of those conversations with those athletes.