PDA

View Full Version : Will I be ready to compete?

mxrider28
05-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Hi I am hoping to compete in the near future in mens physique. I bulked for the last year and am just now about to start cutting. The competition is 8 weeks out. I have a very easy time loosing weight just a harder time putting it on. I am 6ft 3 and weight 205lb. 22 years old. What weight should I try to get down to. I am a little bit worried about loosing muscle mass while I cut. Not sure what supps to take for fat loss? Was thinking L-Carnitine and chromium picolinate. What do you think my body fat% is? I plan on doing the novice class. Think I will be ready? Thanks for any tips.

Snow3y
05-25-2016, 01:24 AM
With 8 weeks prep.. If you're 100% dedicated, I'm sure you'll be ready bro.. My only shoutout is to visit a bio-kinetics expert to get some 'balancing' done.. Do you sit at a desk for most of your day?

mxrider28
05-25-2016, 10:34 AM
With 8 weeks prep.. If you're 100% dedicated, I'm sure you'll be ready bro.. My only shoutout is to visit a bio-kinetics expert to get some 'balancing' done.. Do you sit at a desk for most of your day?

Hey man thank for the advise. I am defiantly 100% commited to this. I actually dont sit at a desk I am constantly moving around and sit when I need to.

BenStevenson
05-25-2016, 12:02 PM
At 8 weeks out you should be ok if you keep absolutely consistent with your nutrition, don't worry about muscle loss, muscle doesnt disappear as easy as people think. Fear of losing muscle is the #1 reason why first-time competitors don't come in lean enough. Just keep your protein high, restrict carbs (Don't cut them completely) and keep your workouts intense and the same as you were doing while bulking. Throw in 2-3 cardio sessions a week also, doing a few minutes more each week, Best of luck bro!