PDA

View Full Version : Protein supplementation with lactose/dairy allergies

LeoStagi
05-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Need a Protein supplement that won't cause bloating, gas, and diarrhea. After cutting all dairy out of my diet I have no bloating or gas and my ****s are 100% perfect but now I need to find a protein powder that contains no dairy for supplementation. Brand names and exact names of Protein powders that you recommend would be appreciated. Thanks

Partyrocking
05-23-2016, 03:35 PM
San Rawfusion- a vegan protein powder

Adaptogen Science's Beef Powder- Beef protein gets a bad rap because it's often collagen/gelatin, but this product is legit beef.

Egg white powder is another option, but I'm not familiar with any brands.

allieninja
05-23-2016, 04:15 PM
^ This, Rawfusion is a blend of plant proteins that will not cause you the same issues as dairy.

It's on sale right now too: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/rawfusion.html

Headway
05-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Pea protein or egg protein. You can also try whey isolate (go with a high quality brand). I've tried multiple vegan proteins and couldn't find one that really blew my socks off flavor wise.

MentalistMan
05-23-2016, 08:00 PM
Rawfusion or Vega.

DavidZiegler
05-23-2016, 11:50 PM
Whey Protein Isolate is good for that :-)

DavidZiegler
05-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Rawfusion or Vega.

http://1zwgoa3ged6v3o7nzr5aqcg1332.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/r1f.png

Great recommendation

XCriticalBenchX
05-24-2016, 01:45 AM
Need a Protein supplement that won't cause bloating, gas, and diarrhea. After cutting all dairy out of my diet I have no bloating or gas and my ****s are 100% perfect but now I need to find a protein powder that contains no dairy for supplementation. Brand names and exact names of Protein powders that you recommend would be appreciated. Thanks

Haha, you sound like me & my wife actually. She switched to all isolates (lactose free protein) a year ago, I made the switch 2 months ago. It has be a life saver!! We keep in our house,

1. Isotean
2. Isomorph
3. Syntha 6 Isolate

***We are replacing the Syntha 6 isolate with Universal Nutrition's Isolate and will be trying Dymatize Iso-100 soon as well.

Mike

mdritter
05-24-2016, 04:37 AM
Nutrabolics Hydropure is lactose free/gluten free and would be a great option.

San raw fusion is another solid protein if you want to go away from whey all together

Universal ultra Iso whey has some good flavoring and is often overlooked but it's high quality stuff

TMac26
05-24-2016, 05:00 AM
If you have any sort of allergy I would recommend staying away from all dairy products and stick with a plant based protein like SAN Rawfusion.

tastan
05-24-2016, 05:35 AM
San RawFusion is a great vegan protein blend that does taste good.

Also keep an eye out for AI Sports Nutrition No Whey, bodybuilding.com is out of it right now because we were changing the formula and updating the flavors but it will be coming back soon.

VO2Maxima
05-24-2016, 05:48 AM
This an allergy or an intolerance? Subject says allergy, but OP describes intolerance symptoms. With an intolerance, you could try an isolate. Not so much with an allergy.

poison
05-24-2016, 06:38 AM
Any isolate will do the trick, if it's lactose. SAN Titanium Isolate uses US sourced whey isolate, and is very low on fillers:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/titanium-isolate-supreme-5.html

Rawfusion, as mentioned, is the #1 plant protein on bb.com, as well as our #1 selling product here. It would definitely suit your needs, and it's 20% off now:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/rawfusion.html

Universal Rep
05-24-2016, 08:08 AM
You can also try whey isolate (go with a high quality brand).

Not if the issue is a dairy allergy, which the OP references. Milk is an allergen and this is a separate issue from lactose intolerance.

XCriticalBenchX
05-24-2016, 11:58 PM
This an allergy or an intolerance? Subject says allergy, but OP describes intolerance symptoms. With an intolerance, you could try an isolate. Not so much with an allergy.

Not if the issue is a dairy allergy, which the OP references. Milk is an allergen and this is a separate issue from lactose intolerance.

This, it is important to differentiate.

Mike