PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed To Put On Size

BeRedSeeRed
05-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Hello everybody, I am realtively new here. Been searching the forums and looking at them for a long time, just never really posted anything myself other than 1 post which helped a little.

First off, I am 5'7, about 140 lbs and around 13 - 15% bf. I used to be a lot bigger at 185lbs, around 25% bf, I was fat. I dieted down the wrong way, eating around 1500 to 1600 calories a day, working out about 5 times a week with the though that, "if I get lean enough, I will look good." Which is clearly not the case but my ignorance blinded me. I recently decided to put on some weight and have been eating around 2800 calories, which I know is not a lot but it is around 1k calorie surplus after factoring my BMR, daily activity and exercise. My main reason for posting this is because if I eat at 500 calories surplus, my weight doesn't move. At all. I tried this for 3 weeks and my weight did not increase. At times, my weight would drop a pound or two. But, if I continue eating around 1k surplus, I know most of the weight I put on will be fat. This **** is extremely frustrating because I have always been somewhat skinny fat before I blew up and actually got fat. When I dieted down, I hit 12.5% bf and couldn't get lower, so this is when I decided I was sick of losing muscle from too low of calories and wanted to put on weight. I do not want to be fat again, i just want to gain size. Obviously with any calorie surplus there will be a fat gain, but I don't gain weight on 500 calories and I feel like 1k is way too much.

What should I do? Yes, I am young. No, I am not still growing, I am done growing. I have been 5'7 for about 5 years. I am just looking for some help from people with more knowledge than me, because I know this situation is not normal.

Thank you, in advance for anybody replying to help me out. It means a lot to me.

Znik
05-23-2016, 02:42 PM
If your weight was stable with the 500 kcal , then increase it by 200 more and see how that goes, if it still doesn't move increase it by another 200. Aim for 2-3lbs max/month with your stats the lower end is preferred if you want to avoid excessive fat gain.

Don't do jumps of 500kcal increases , that's a recipe for disaster.

BeRedSeeRed
05-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks man! That helps a lot! I will try it out!

LimpDawg
05-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Inb4 Jbullocks copy pasta