PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to reverse diet off my cut? What should my maintain macros be?

ixae
05-22-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm 28, female, 135 lbs and I'm almost at my goal weight. My diet has been an intentionally slow process because I didn't have much to lose and I wasn't in a rush, but once I hit 130 I'm planning to be done and going back to maintaining for at least a while. My diet was based on a workup I had done by IIFYM.com and they told me once I'm done I absolutely HAVE to reverse diet or I'll undo all my progress. Is that really true, especially when I haven't been eating at a huge deficit? Last year I lost 10 lbs the "eat less move more" way and went right back to maintain calories (no macro counting at that point) and only gained like 3 lbs back over the course of 3 months of not paying much attention to what I ate (which I expected). Also, I'm not sure how to calculate maintain macros and I'm hesitant to use those online calculators because so many say different things. Suggestions? Current macros below:

130/170/50
protein/carbs/fat
1650 cal

I work at a desk so I would consider myself stationary, and I work out between 3-5 days a week. Mostly strength training with 1-2 HIIT cardio sessions and usually 1 Pilates or yoga class.

boo99
05-22-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm 28, female, 135 lbs and I'm almost at my goal weight. My diet has been an intentionally slow process because I didn't have much to lose and I wasn't in a rush, but once I hit 130 I'm planning to be done and going back to maintaining for at least a while. My diet was based on a workup I had done by IIFYM.com and they told me once I'm done I absolutely HAVE to reverse diet or I'll undo all my progress. Is that really true, especially when I haven't been eating at a huge deficit? Last year I lost 10 lbs the "eat less move more" way and went right back to maintain calories (no macro counting at that point) and only gained like 3 lbs back over the course of 3 months of not paying much attention to what I ate (which I expected). Also, I'm not sure how to calculate maintain macros and I'm hesitant to use those online calculators because so many say different things. Suggestions? Current macros below:

130/170/50
protein/carbs/fat
1650 cal

I work at a desk so I would consider myself stationary, and I work out between 3-5 days a week. Mostly strength training with 1-2 HIIT cardio sessions and usually 1 Pilates or yoga class.

Most will say its best to reverse diet back up slowly by increasing calories each week till TDEE is reached but I have done it that way and without many times and I never saw any big differences

Ensure you get in your minimum macros (Pro= .8g/lbs.....Fat= .45g/lbs) then rest is up to you, most fill in with carbs to make up the balance