PDA

View Full Version : My Nutrition Plan- Help?

StarFlame
05-20-2016, 08:15 PM
I need to start following a more strict nutrition plan to properly gain, so I looked into macros and caloric needs. Unfortunately just getting started seriously lifting since doing it at university was impossible. Now I'm graduated, at home, and going to a gym with friends.

Goals:
-Stay at 9% BF or less.
-Stack muscle mass with minimal fat gain(limit bulking so I don't have to really cut, I'm naturally a very lean person too)
-After 1 year, I would like to have a nice lean, ripped-looking body at 160lbs, 9% BF (2.5 lbs avg every month, is that possible?)

I'd just like to know if I'm on the right track while I plan my meals out, and if my goal is realistic.

Weight: ~130-135lb
Height: 5'11
Body Fat %: <10%
Active-ish lifestyle. Sometimes I practice parkour. I'm weight lifting 5 days a week.

Macro needs:(using .9*weight for protein, .15*calories for fat amount)
2600 total Calories (about 400 over maintenence?)
135g Protein
430g Carbs
40g Fat

Is there any optimal calories above maintenance that will keep fat gains low while not effecting muscle growth?

hellstorm2004
05-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Up your protein a little bit. Keep it around your body weight i would say, Bulking means you will gain a little body fat as well. So that part is unavoidable.

desslok
05-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Wow, if you are really that severely underwight and worried about a little fat gain then it sounds like you may want to seek professional help.

StarFlame
05-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Up your protein a little bit. Keep it around your body weight i would say, Bulking means you will gain a little body fat as well. So that part is unavoidable.

Thanks, I upped it to 135.

Wow, if you are really that severely underwight and worried about a little fat gain then it sounds like you may want to seek professional help.

I'm on the low end of the spectrum but I'm very healthy and never had an issue, I'm not "severely" underweight. I know I'll gain fat. I was just curious if I could avoid it and maintain my current BF% while gaining.