PDA

View Full Version : Needing help with food choices.... but there are obstacles

badazcards71
05-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Hey,
I'm needing just a little help I've been working out for 6 weeks now. My size... I started at 278 pounds... I am a female and I have lost 3 pounds but my body IS changing... I actually have knee caps. I'm 5'10" and need help to lose fat. I'm a truck driver... so we are very limited on selection. We are home every weekend and that is when I lift. What can I do to keep the momentum going while on the road?

Any suggestions would be amazing because I'm struggling thank you.

Heisman2
05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Life as a truck driver is hard. Can you walk us through what you eat on a typical day? What options do you have for bringing food with you vs. having to purchase fast food somewhere? How often are you able to take a driving break and walk around on a typical day?

desslok
05-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Do you have a travel fridge in your truck ir at least a high quality cooler? Sandwiches and wraps are great options to eat cold. Can stop at any grocery store and get stuff to make. Or just make smart choices at fast food places or Chipotle, Subway etc.

badazcards71
05-20-2016, 01:24 PM
For breakfast I have coffee.... maybe a bowl of raisin brand crunch. And lunch I'll have a sandwich., moes, Mc donalds, or a blt wrap at the table with ranch. I cut out diet cokes 2 weeks ago. I also take levothyroxine for hypo thyroid. I usually get a break 5 to 6 hours after I start driving and stop for 30 to 45 min. We have a fridge. It's small. Here's the thing. I push myself hard aND do well on weekends aka going up in weiggts. Does this help? I'm a smoker and want to quit. But... I can't seem to.

Heisman2
05-21-2016, 05:28 AM
Some thoughts:

1. On your breaks walk as much as possible; I'd even walk around while eating if feasible. Sitting down for extended periods of time (as in a truck) has shown to be unhealthy while walking can somewhat mitigate this.

2. Cutting down on smoking and quitting will likely be more helpful for you in the long run then other dietary/exercise things you can do. I realize it is very hard. If you haven't talked to a physician yet about options (ie, nicotine gum, patch, a handful of meds that can help), I suggest doing that.

3. Going up in weights on weekends will help; keep pushing hard in the gym when you can.

4. The big thing for losing weight is eating less. So, when stopping at McDonalds for example, order less food, and try to order the healthiest options possible (ie, if you get a salad, you can ask that they do not put dressing on it). Alternatively, if you can afford healthier options, bring food with you and keep it in the fridge if necessary or in a lunch box (many foods do not need to be kept in a fridge like bread, peanut butter, some fruits, etc).