PDA

View Full Version : Newbtrition FAQ's thread

CasnOwns
05-11-2016, 11:37 AM
At 130lbs I crush protein minimums by like 10am everyday. It's kind of ridiculous. Carbs are usually pretty low and I know I could definitely use more carbs in my attempts to bulk up. Hit me with your staple carbz please. I'm looking for ideas... Quinoa and sweet potatoes tend to be my go to. Rice and black beans are back ups too.

dipatel13
05-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Oats and fruit

Partyrocking
05-11-2016, 11:40 AM
spaghetti, mashed potatoes, lasagna,

Mrpb
05-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Nothing wrong with going higher on protein either. For normal bodybuilding work you don't necessarily need a lot of carbs.

Up to ~1.5 gram protein per lb is fine. Not that it's wrong to eat more, it just becomes less useful.

DGMan99
05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Ice cream, cereal, bagels, pumpkin pie

CasnOwns
05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Nothing wrong with going higher on protein either. For normal bodybuilding work you don't necessarily need a lot of carbs.

Up to ~1.5 gram protein per lb is fine. Not that it's wrong to eat more, it just becomes less useful.

Glad to hear that. I'm typically around 200g. I enjoy protein foods. I guess my way of thinking here is that my energy levels could be higher eating more carbs.

CasnOwns
05-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Oats and fruit

Oats are a staple too. Sry I should've stated that. For fruit I try to stick to berries. I do apples and bananas sometimes. I should have them more often probably.

dipatel13
05-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Oats are a staple too. Sry I should've stated that. For fruit I try to stick to berries. I do apples and bananas sometimes. I should have them more often probably.

If you're a fan of crisp, tart apples, try Pink Lady brand, not the cripps pink knock off one though.

Oh, and I forgot to add above: PASTA

Onlyspoons
05-11-2016, 12:01 PM

Why do you try to stick to berries? You're missing out on mango, pineapple, bananas, apples, pears, plums, cherries, kiwis, oranges, pomelo, guava....ok you get the point. But a lot of great food! Berries are usually low in calories and carbs, so if you want to eat more carbs maybe you should branch out and try some other fruit. When I was working a really low paid job and needed cheap and easy carbs I used to eat 3 large bananas a day as a snack. Dried fruit is great for this too.

By the way the title of this thread is not exactly a reflection of the question you are asking (what foods are high in carbs)...

Gxp23
05-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Maybe you should make a log to ask all these questions.

Elokuu
05-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Here you have some foods I love eating for my high-carb diet.

Fruits (bananas, apples, oranges, etc...). Whole wheat pasta (spaghetti, macaroni, etc...). White basmati rice. I miss eating Venere black rice, but I hope I'll be able to buy it again, it tastes wonderfully with fish in particular. Potatoes and sweet potatoes. Carbs from some dairy (yogurt and fat-free quark). Legumes, green peas, black beans and Borlotti beans in particular. Oats. Other awesome grains such as spelt, barley and kamut. TONS of vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower compose my 'poker').

CasnOwns
05-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Maybe you should make a log to ask all these questions.

How do I do that?

Gxp23
05-11-2016, 12:25 PM
How do I do that?

Go to the nutrition log section. Make a thread there...either that or I can move this one to that area for you?

grouchyjarhead
05-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear that. I'm typically around 200g. I enjoy protein foods. I guess my way of thinking here is that my energy levels could be higher eating more carbs.

It can vary from person to person. If I eat high carb, I tend to get tired. By eating more moderate carbs but with more fat and protein, I tend to feel a lot better throughout the day. Nothing wrong with eating more if you like it. I'd personally rather have a steak than a big wad of bread any day of the week myself.

CasnOwns
05-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Go to the nutrition log section. Make a thread there...either that or I can move this one to that area for you?

Could you change the title when you move it? Maybe 'newbtrition FAQs' lol

Gxp23
05-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Could you change the title when you move it? Maybe 'newbtrition FAQs' lol

Ok. Didnt move it, just changed title, will be easier for you to just keep one thread instead of making multiples in this section.