PDA

View Full Version : Question about my TDEE

Joyful91
05-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Hey everyone,

I've just started transitioning out of Keto after a four month cut (went from 74kg with a more or less 23% BF to 60kg), with my last DEXA scan measuring my BF at 17.1% (this was almost three weeks ago). While I feel and look a great deal better than I used to, I'm looking a bit too much on the skelly side and would like to bulk up for the next six or so months. I'd like to check with you folks if my numbers for my current BMR, TDEE and macronutrient numbers are more or less correct (or at least an adequate estimation). Some information about me:

Sex - Male
Height - 169cm
Weight - 60.8
Age - 27

I used the Simple Science Fitness calculator for the following numbers.

Activity level - Light exercise, 1-3 days per week (not sure if this is accurate, I do SL5x5 three days a week and do C25k three times a week on the "rest" days, while I also have a desk/office job, though I do use public transport to get to the office)
BMR - 1536
Maintain weight - 2112
Gain weight - 2612
Lose weight - 1612

Using the maintenance weight:

On workout days - 2532 calories/day
222g carbs - 158g protein - 113g fat
On Rest days - 1794 calories/day
67g carbs - 112g protein - 120g fat

Do these numbers seem right? Should the number of calories be higher or is it alright as it is? Is there anything that seems off?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tommy W.
05-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Hey everyone,

I've just started transitioning out of Keto after a four month cut (went from 74kg with a more or less 23% BF to 60kg), with my last DEXA scan measuring my BF at 17.1% (this was almost three weeks ago). While I feel and look a great deal better than I used to, I'm looking a bit too much on the skelly side and would like to bulk up for the next six or so months. I'd like to check with you folks if my numbers for my current BMR, TDEE and macronutrient numbers are more or less correct (or at least an adequate estimation). Some information about me:

Sex - Male
Height - 169cm
Weight - 60.8
Age - 27

I used the Simple Science Fitness calculator for the following numbers.

Activity level - Light exercise, 1-3 days per week (not sure if this is accurate, I do SL5x5 three days a week and do C25k three times a week on the "rest" days, while I also have a desk/office job, though I do use public transport to get to the office)
BMR - 1536
Maintain weight - 2112
Gain weight - 2612
Lose weight - 1612

Using the maintenance weight:

On workout days - 2532 calories/day
222g carbs - 158g protein - 113g fat
On Rest days - 1794 calories/day
67g carbs - 112g protein - 120g fat

Do these numbers seem right? Should the number of calories be higher or is it alright as it is? Is there anything that seems off?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Just go with it for a month and review progress (or lack of it} and adjust from there. It's always better to start a little low as you can add some if need be. If you start too high you'll totally waste a month.

Joyful91
05-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Should I get right into it or should I slowly transition daily towards the caloric and macro goals? I've read that from a keto state I should slowly add carbs back in so as to avoid any unpleasant effects.

relejia
05-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Just go with it for a month and review progress (or lack of it} and adjust from there. It's always better to start a little low as you can add some if need be. If you start too high you'll totally waste a month.

1 month is too much. 1-2 weeks is ok

Tommy W.
05-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Should I get right into it or should I slowly transition daily towards the caloric and macro goals? I've read that from a keto state I should slowly add carbs back in so as to avoid any unpleasant effects.you can jump into the calories and carbs as you're in a deficit so it really doesn't matter. If you were going into a surplus then the carbs would need to be added slowly

Tommy W.
05-11-2016, 10:35 AM
1 month is too much. 1-2 weeks is ok
No a month is optimum as a week or 2 your body is still adjusting. 3 weeks is minimum