PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to dissolve the Union?

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Think about if we had 50+ independent nations all competing with each other on tax policy, business friendly laws etc. Free market principles say that this increase competition would be good for everyone. The states can form free trade agreements (and a common currency) like the EU. The federal government could be dissolved and a United Military force could take its place as its only function. It's up to each state to determine if it will allow immigration from other states or foreign countries (id assume most states would have open borders between states, except we could kick Californians out).

All the phaggy liberals can have their own third world countries (presumably California), christian conservatives and nationalists can form strong states and deport homosexuals and trannies (looking at you NC). It's a win-win for everyone.

Note: I didn't really think this through, but I can't think of any downsides other than its completely unrealistic.

showtime2389
05-10-2016, 12:05 PM
that sounds good to me OP

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Also the constitution and all other founding documents will be null and void. It's up to each state to determine what they what their rights to be. Once again if the homosexuals don't want the right to bear arms that's their wish then so be it. Alpha states want open carry of fully automatic assault rifles with 100 round drums that's cool too.

BullStampede
05-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Shut it down goy

PrivilegeCheker
05-10-2016, 12:22 PM
You want to get rid of the 4th largest economy in the world???
We should just go back to being a true republic.

randombrah102
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Except ironically it would be the conservative states that would suffer lmfao

http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are-welfare-queens-2011-8

jacklambert58
05-10-2016, 12:26 PM
EU Europhag detected...

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM

False, democrats can live in Red states. Under my plan peasants will move to welfare states (California). There will be no federal welfare so if a state doesn't provide any, the peasants will move out.

Mercworx
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Eventually I imagine something like that may happen. Probably not in our lifetimes.

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
You want to get rid of the 4th largest economy in the world???
We should just go back to being a true republic.

It would still be a somewhat unified economic zone. Nothing would force a state to participate however, so it Texas wants to go full brexit they are free to do so.

Boxman
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
How would social security get divvied up? What about 401k plans? Would about currency?

I love the idea of breaking up the US but the devil is in the details.

randombrah102
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
False, democrats can live in Red states. Under my plan peasants will move to welfare states (California). There will be no federal welfare so if a state doesn't provide any, the peasants will move out.

So its the democrats which are the minority in the those states that sabotage its prosperity, while in the states where these same democrats are the majority they manage to prosper?

Trumpers- redefining logic since 2015

jbball92
05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
it may just be easier de-lubricate the san andreas fault line so that enough pressure builds up that it will result in one HYOOGE earthquake and california breaks off into the ocean. then the rest of us can subdue cuckyork

hublife
05-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Or we could just operate the Republic the way it was intended and 90% of our issues would be solved...

second2noneBrah
05-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Think about if we had 50+ independent nations all competing with each other on tax policy, business friendly laws etc. Free market principles say that this increase competition would be good for everyone. The states can form free trade agreements (and a common currency) like the EU. The federal government could be dissolved and a United Military force could take its place as its only function. It's up to each state to determine if it will allow immigration from other states or foreign countries (id assume most states would have open borders between states, except we could kick Californians out).

All the phaggy liberals can have their own third world countries (presumably California), christian conservatives and nationalists can form strong states and deport homosexuals and trannies (looking at you NC). It's a win-win for everyone.

Note: I didn't really think this through, but I can't think of any downsides other than its completely unrealistic.

We tried 150 years ago. Now that's foresight

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 01:40 PM
How would social security get divvied up? What about 401k plans? Would about currency?

I love the idea of breaking up the US but the devil is in the details.

I already said one currency. The only tricky thing is taxes between states, if one state goes full U.S. and tries to tax earnings from other states it would jack up the taxation system. But the of course some states could operate like the Cayman Island state (Delaware) and they would benefit from that. The invisible hand would provide a balance since their would be no central power.

Even better some states would have no income tax, but each state would need to provide for the unified Military.

The fed isn't part of the government so would need to stay in the short-term until we enact the final solution (to expel the j... Err bankers).

ZenBowman
05-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Why not just nuke the country and start over while we are at it?

We will keep the gold so we can restart on the gold standard in a perfect libertarian paradise.

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 01:55 PM
So its the democrats which are the minority in the those states that sabotage its prosperity, while in the states where these same democrats are the majority they manage to prosper?

Trumpers- redefining logic since 2015

No one is poor just because they live in a certain State. the fact that red states use more welfare isn't relevant, because plenty of democrats live in those states. The implication that right leaning people use more welfare is false.

zakatak333
05-10-2016, 02:12 PM
state government equivalents would be bigger, federal government equivalent would be smaller

it keeps the power more localized in theory but ultimately the federal government equivalent would end up growing in power and state government equivalents shrinking in power and we'd be in the same predicament we are in now with the same people in power, same foreign policy, same domestic policy, etc.

"give me a nations wealth and i care not who make its laws" -some famous guy

EDIT: but it is indeed a good theory

EDIT 2: its unfortunate but it REALLY is hard to localize power when there is any sort of central authority. the more localized the power, the more it represents the people but it seems that somehow, some way the central authorities always end up growing and controlling the local authorities to a large extent

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 02:35 PM
state government equivalents would be bigger, federal government equivalent would be smaller

it keeps the power more localized in theory but ultimately the federal government equivalent would end up growing in power and state government equivalents shrinking in power and we'd be in the same predicament we are in now with the same people in power, same foreign policy, same domestic policy, etc.

"give me a nations wealth and i care not who make its laws" -some famous guy

EDIT: but it is indeed a good theory

EDIT 2: its unfortunate but it REALLY is hard to localize power when there is any sort of central authority. the more localized the power, the more it represents the people but it seems that somehow, some way the central authorities always end up growing and controlling the local authorities to a large extent

The NC bathroom law would be a great case study for Edit 2. State overreaching/ overriding a city ordinance.

SageofsixPaths
05-10-2016, 02:55 PM
sounds phukking amazing tbh

Tsudo
05-10-2016, 03:00 PM
sounds phukking amazing tbh
This.

I could get on board with at least trying this out. Doesn't necessarily have to be permenant but damn it'd be nice to try something different.

Stizzel
05-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Opie, this is why we call indiana, ohio, etc, states rather than provinces. A state is a sovereign nation. The federalists frauded their way into creating a federal government and the result has been non stop garbage.

laser23
05-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I declare myself the new president of a country called Ohio. Phaggytime citizens will be removed.

Sakeoe
05-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Free trade agreements like the EU

Free EU

lol

criminal_manne
05-10-2016, 03:40 PM

Free EU

lol

I just used that as an example, feel free to elaborate as I don't follow the politics of Eurabia.

TimDF
05-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Every liberal state would legit collapse.

Sakeoe
05-10-2016, 03:46 PM
I just used that as an example, feel free to elaborate as I don't follow the politics of Eurabia.
The EU has the sole right to engage in trade agreements as a whole, without any input from the member-states. So rather than your individual states, you'd have the current federal government making the trade decisions.

MojoTheMonkey
05-10-2016, 04:28 PM

There is also a more curious correlation concerning the demographic populations of southern red states that just might help shed further light on that statistic. Would you care to guess what it is?

GhenghisPWN
05-10-2016, 04:44 PM
I already said one currency. The only tricky thing is taxes between states, if one state goes full U.S. and tries to tax earnings from other states it would jack up the taxation system. But the of course some states could operate like the Cayman Island state (Delaware) and they would benefit from that. The invisible hand would provide a balance since their would be no central power.

Even better some states would have no income tax, but each state would need to provide for the unified Military.

The fed isn't part of the government so would need to stay in the short-term until we enact the final solution (to expel the j... Err bankers).

The Bigot strikes again.

jro9999
05-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Opie, this is why we call indiana, ohio, etc, states rather than provinces. A state is a sovereign nation. The federalists frauded their way into creating a federal government and the result has been non stop garbage.

nonstop garbage, huh?

Ex-Terminator
05-10-2016, 06:37 PM

Yeah, Detroit has shown us all the right way.

jro9999
05-10-2016, 06:53 PM

You're right, we'd be much better off following Mississippi's footsteps. You know, with the highest rate of poverty and lowest levels of income in the whole country. An obvious recipe for success

Stizzel
05-10-2016, 06:56 PM
nonstop garbage, huh?

Absolutely. For example, public education.

Is 1>0 brah?

Darkius
05-10-2016, 07:18 PM
There would be a lot of land locked states. California would have the most ocean.

BioDiver
05-10-2016, 07:21 PM
States not named California, Florida, New York, and Texas would be fuarked.

I'm okay with this.

SaviorSix
05-10-2016, 07:31 PM
And yet again "conservatives" show themselves to be the most anti-american of the bunch

Ausaric
05-10-2016, 07:34 PM
As a thought experiment it is so implausible as to be completely unworthy of consideration. Any threat of sedition would be swiftly met with incalculable force, both physically and intellectually. There exists not a single parallel universe amongst the infinite multitudes wherein the Union would be dissolved. Shame on you for conceiving of such a preposterous impossibility. Srs. Dead Srs. Mother fukin AMERICA FTW.

Never before has the old adage been so true; Elther we shall stand together, or we shall Hang separately.

lexbishop
05-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Hell no!

Deport commies and illegals, build the wall, return education back to the states, dissolve the Department of Education, and Make America Great Again!

jro9999
05-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Absolutely. For example, public education.

Is 1>0 brah?

So which anarcho capitalist country are you fleeing to?

criminal_manne
05-11-2016, 04:57 AM
As a thought experiment it is so implausible as to be completely unworthy of consideration. Any threat of sedition would be swiftly met with incalculable force, both physically and intellectually. There exists not a single parallel universe amongst the infinite multitudes wherein the Union would be dissolved. Shame on you for conceiving of such a preposterous impossibility. Srs. Dead Srs. Mother fukin AMERICA FTW.

Never before has the old adage been so true; Elther we shall stand together, or we shall Hang separately.

Your autism is showing strong with this post.

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 05:19 AM
So which anarcho capitalist country are you fleeing to?

Who said anything about running away? Its like you get dumber every day.

mydawgs
05-11-2016, 05:37 AM

Baltimore must be on the same learning curve.

jro9999
05-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Who said anything about running away? Its like you get dumber every day.

Oh that's right, I forgot. You're just an anarchist on the internet and not in real life

JoshSP1985
05-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Oh that's right, I forgot. You're just an anarchist on the internet and not in real life

Since when does dissolving the union into individual nation states mean anarchy?

Mercworx
05-11-2016, 06:09 AM
States not named California, Florida, New York, and Texas would be fuarked.

I'm okay with this.

I wouldn't be surprised if many states joined together forming new unions etc

BioDiver
05-11-2016, 06:24 AM
And yet again "conservatives" show themselves to be the most anti-american of the bunch

Texan first crew.

jro9999
05-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Since when does dissolving the union into individual nation states mean anarchy?
Whose saying it is?

Stizzel believes anarchism is the solution to the USA's problems.

criminal_manne
05-11-2016, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if many states joined together forming new unions etc

Exactly ! Now that's the kind of outside the box thinking we need. I would push to Unite the Carolinas and possibly Virginia. California could absorb Washigton and Oregon because they are hippie hellholes with similar views.

Oddball8945
05-11-2016, 07:57 AM

as a nj resident i can say safely this blue state will go to hell if the union dissolved and nyc without a doubt

Aesthetical
05-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Must be nice living in fantasy land.

PaulG
05-11-2016, 08:17 AM
State boundaries are really ancient relics of the past.

http://i.imgur.com/QLnRLZr.png

Tell me this wouldn't be better for states today.

Oh... but, this is how the financial branch boundaries already are...

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 09:32 AM

As a liberal this may surprise you, but needing to escape to a safe space isnt the best way to cope with reality when life isnt how you'd like it to be.

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 09:34 AM

It doesnt, but expecting an autist to stay on topic is unrealistic. Give him a break. He's doing the best he can.

jro9999
05-11-2016, 10:16 AM
As a liberal this may surprise you, but needing to escape to a safe space isnt the best way to cope with reality when life isnt how you'd like it to be.

And as a SJW this may surprise you, but complaining on the internet about taxes being theft isn't the best way to do anything about your life's situation

Although maybe if you complain some more things will change for you. Have you tried tweeting? Maybe writing a blog?

wickedman
05-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Would be cool to live though that's for sure.

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
And as a SJW this may surprise you, but complaining on the internet about taxes being theft isn't the best way to do anything about your life's situation

Although maybe if you complain some more things will change for you. Have you tried tweeting? Maybe writing a blog?

Who's complaining? I made an argument which you cant refute, and its upset you so badly you cannot let it go, to the point that simple math eludes you and you have to interject the issue regardless of the original topic. Sorry you have to be constantly triggered honey...actually no, I'm not. I prefer that you stay mad. Taxes are theft, and 1 is more than 0. More tears please.

ProudIowan
05-11-2016, 11:12 AM

Tell me this wouldn't be better for states today.

Fuk this, If we get to break up the union there is no way in hell your grouping my state in with the hell holes known as chicago and detroit and the rest of their retarded states.

Look up the free city movement OP, basically the same idea but on a even smaller scale then by states.

sowilson
05-11-2016, 11:36 AM

Really, you want to break up the US to align with the boundary of the Federal Reserve Banks?

jro9999
05-11-2016, 12:27 PM
http://newbabywallpapers.com/download/crying-baby-images-and-wallpaper/crying-baby-images-and-wallpaper-18.jpg

shhh, no tears bb.

i would suggest tumblr for you now that i think of it. with twitter you're more open to other people's opinions and i know how you hate when other people point out the stupidity of your posts. tumblr is all about safe spaces from what i hear. you'd fare well much better there

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
shhh, no tears bb.

i would suggest tumblr for you now that i think of it. with twitter you're more open to other people's opinions and i know how you hate when other people point out the stupidity of your posts. tumblr is all about safe spaces from what i hear. you'd fare well much better there

1>0
[ ] True
[ ] False

Stizzel
05-11-2016, 01:59 PM
1>0
[ ] True
[ ] False

Queue jeopardy music

http://journalisticrevolution.com/images/police-double-standards.jpg

brianwilk
05-11-2016, 02:53 PM
We can achieve all of that by returning to a stricter form of federalism (though this course of development is unrealistic). The constitution is very clear on how things ought to be run

Consider this: provinces in Canada have more effective power than states in the US do, and the country has 1/10th the population of ours.

Furthermore, Switzerland is a country of 8 million divided in 27 states (they call them canton). This is done to maintain competition and diversity among the different regions, and the federal government only taxes income at 13%. Resource-sparse Switzerland is BY FAR the most prosperous country in Europe (after Luxembourg and oil-rich Norway) and chits on the Scandinavian utopias in just about every way