PDA

View Full Version : Help

jocoven
05-10-2016, 06:15 AM
I have ordered food from musclefood which arrived today. I got 12 x lean steak burgers, 12 x wholemeal protein baps, 3 protein pizzas, 4 chicken fillets and 4 packs (500g) of sweet potatoe fries.

In addition to muscle food, I have kale, spinach, bananas and USN Meal replacement shake.

I will be starting All Pro's program, 3 days a week weight training and two days hit cardio.

I am female, weigh 224lbs and would like to lose 42lbs (3 stone).

Could anybody help formulate a meal plan? At the moment I thought about having poached egg on toast (wholemeal bread) for breakfast. Green smoothie for lunch (1 cup of kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 banana and a scoop of USN protein powder). Does this sound okay? As for dinner, I don't know what the portion sizes should I eat on training days. Example the protein pizza, do I have the whole pizza in one sitting (658 calories) or do I have half and save half for the next day?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gxp23
05-10-2016, 06:33 AM
So, you are telling me you just spent money on all that food with zero diet planning in advance? ....women plz.

jdrush
05-10-2016, 06:34 AM
Good job on picking a good weight program and not becoming a cardio bunny.

As for the meals; read this. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Figure out your macros. Muscle foods are incredibly expensive, there are some good recipes floating around here. Make your own food and save money.

http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
Figure out your TDEE and use this as a guideline to start dropping calories.

jocoven
05-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Good job on picking a good weight program and not becoming a cardio bunny.

As for the meals; read this.

Figure out your macros. Muscle foods are incredibly expensive, there are some good recipes floating around here. Make your own food and save money.

Figure out your TDEE and use this as a guideline to start dropping calories.

Thank you. I'm on the calculator now, it's asking me to input excercise. Currently I do zero but will be starting All Pro's tomorrow. Do I input my current zero exercise, or All Pro's and the cardio I will be doing? Also, would you say All Pro's is light or moderate?

Also, on the minute per day exercising, how would I work that out if I only do cardio on two of the 5 days? I plan on doing 30 minutes on cardio days.

Gxp23
05-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Thank you. I'm on the calculator now, it's asking me to input excercise. Currently I do zero but will be starting All Pro's tomorrow. Do I input my current zero exercise, or All Pro's and the cardio I will be doing? Also, would you say All Pro's is light or moderate?

Also, on the minute per day exercising, how would I work that out if I only do cardio on two of the 5 days? I plan on doing 30 minutes on cardio days.

Put All Pros in or you are going to end up with a way off number....

jocoven
05-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Put All Pros in or you are going to end up with a way off number....

I put in 5 days at 60 minutes at moderate exercise, wasn't sure what level to select. It has given me:

BMR: 1780 calories/day
TDEE: 2368 calories/day

DGMan99
05-10-2016, 07:17 AM
I put in 5 days at 60 minutes at moderate exercise, wasn't sure what level to select. It has given me:

BMR: 1780 calories/day
TDEE: 2368 calories/day

So try 2200 cals as a starting point. Any number from a calculator is just a guesstimate. Adjust based on real world results

jocoven
05-10-2016, 07:19 AM
So try 2200 cals as a starting point. Any number from a calculator is just a guesstimate. Adjust based on real world results

It's quite a change to the recommended 1400 calories from the NHS website but I trust this more. Still going to feel greedy smashing a whole protein pizza in one sitting but got to get those calories in!

jdrush
05-10-2016, 07:30 AM
It's quite a change to the recommended 1400 calories from the NHS website but I trust this more. Still going to feel greedy smashing a whole protein pizza in one sitting but got to get those calories in!

Wouldn't recommend that for a female at 150 Ibs still trying to lose weight.

jocoven
05-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Wouldn't recommend that for a female at 150 Ibs still trying to lose weight.

Well I tried to implement a plan on myfitnesspal and it's way under in calories which I expected it to be more. Not sure what I can change there to get the calories up. (It wont let me change the 1400 calorie goal at the moment).