PDA

View Full Version : Diet/Meal Planning Help

kchristians06
05-09-2016, 04:51 PM
I need help putting together a diet that is healthy and requires very little time on a day to day basis. I don't mind meal prepping on for the week on the weekends but I don't typically have much time throughout the week to cook. I know chicken and rice are both healthy options but that gets boring and to be honest I don't really know how to cook meals that are both healthy and taste good.

I'm tired of wasting my money on eating out and really just need some help figuring out quick and healthy meals to make for a single guy who is always on the go. Any suggestions?

Heisman2
05-09-2016, 05:07 PM
For quickness, I cook/bake chicken/beef/salmon, chop it up and divide it up into portions, wrap them in aluminum foil, and freeze them. I get a lot of bags of frozen mixed vegetables; these stay good in the fridge at least 5 days and likely easily a week. I get cans of black beans and rinse/drain them and those will stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days. I buy cottage cheese and can divvy that up into tupperware in servings. I get bags of frozen blueberries and thaw out 3 days at a time in the fridge. Peanut butter sandwiches are fast and can be prepared in advance.

The only thing I don't prepare in advance is oatmeal; I'll make that daily and eat it with scrambled eggs.

allrnder
05-09-2016, 11:43 PM
if I meal prep My meals are something like this

Huge salads with tuna.

Chicken and beans in a slow cooker with a curry paste or something. I add rice If I want more calories

Bulk fried chicken with veggies added

Bulk Lean beef mince with veggies added

Bulk beef or chicken with beens added. With some veggies like a burrito plate.

These dishes are mainly protein with some carbs. I hit my protein needs quite easily So then I can add in oils or cheese or Wraps or whatever I want.