PDA

View Full Version : The future NHL GOAT?!

spurdo
05-08-2016, 08:40 AM
http://www.tappara.fi/liiga/images/stories/artikkelit/Uutiset/160201pate.jpg
Patrik Laine

I'm not one to follow hockey too much (see sig), but I do enjoy it occasionally and looking at the WC right now I gotta say Matthews is far from this guys level as he doesn't crumble under pressure but instead gets fired up, and he destroys in an actually decent league:

brb barely 18 years old

brb won the 2016 U20 World Cup

brb scored the most goals there (joint with Matthews)

brb won the Finnish League (90% the reason why they won)

brb scored the most goals in the play offs

brb voted MVP

brb won a bunch of personal accolades along the way

brb earns place in the Finland NT for the World Cup

brb has 4+2 in his first two games, absolutely dominating the tournament right now (has already broken the record of points made by a U18 player in a WC. Last record was 3+2 IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT, by Jagr in 1990)

brb scores the most goals, brb is the most important, brb wins absolutely everything that comes his way right now and he can barely fekkin drive a car

Madvillainy
05-08-2016, 09:17 AM
the best player since at least crosby was drafted last year. laine has an incredible shot (it's actually pretty ridiculous how good his shot is), but he isn't on the level of mcdavid if you're talking about the future GOAT.

dmoneythegoat
05-08-2016, 09:20 AM
McDavid>

tonyparker69
05-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Canada >

DreamerCut
05-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Patrik Laine

I'm not one to follow hockey too much (see sig), but I do enjoy it occasionally and looking at the WC right now I gotta say Matthews is far from this guys level as he doesn't crumble under pressure but instead gets fired up, and he destroys in an actually decent league:

brb barely 18 years old

brb won the 2016 U20 World Cup

brb scored the most goals there (joint with Matthews)

brb won the Finnish League (90% the reason why they won)

brb scored the most goals in the play offs

brb voted MVP

brb won a bunch of personal accolades along the way

brb earns place in the Finland NT for the World Cup

brb has 4+2 in his first two games, absolutely dominating the tournament right now (has already broken the record of points made by a U18 player in a WC. Last record was 3+2 IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT, by Jagr in 1990)

brb scores the most goals, brb is the most important, brb wins absolutely everything that comes his way right now and he can barely fekkin drive a car

McDavid, Eichel and Matthews will all be better than this phaggot, phaggot.

Stick to not watching hockey like you admitted to.

spurdo
05-09-2016, 08:17 AM

Show me reasons why plz

Dan O Mac
05-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Show me reasons why plz

Centres > wingers always. Just like in football, a top QB trumps all. McDavid was third in PPG as an 18-year-old, despite missing half the season with a broken collarbone (takes time to get conditioning, hands, timing, etc. back), playing in a new league as a true rookie, on the sorriest franchise in pro sports. Laine can't touch McJesus' potential.

Dan O Mac
05-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Matthews is also a centre, with tons of potential. Look at this graphic of his production compared to some of the greats at the same age:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDshDXJWMAA6qvi.png

Laine is outproducing him at the worlds in part bc he's playing with Jussi Jokinen and Sasha Barkov. Matthews is playing with NHL 4th liner scrubs. Laine is going to be very, very good, but let's not pretend he's the next Ovechkin.

spurdo
05-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Matthews is also a centre, with tons of potential. Look at this graphic of his production compared to some of the greats at the same age:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDshDXJWMAA6qvi.png

Laine is outproducing him at the worlds in part bc he's playing with Jussi Jokinen and Sasha Barkov. Matthews is playing with NHL 4th liner scrubs. Laine is going to be very, very good, but let's not pretend he's the next Ovechkin.

repped for solid answers

codsterlaing95
05-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Laine will be drafted by my team

spurdo
11-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Bump, to add more accolades:

-most goals in the World Cup

-silver medal in WC

-top of goal charts now

-cucked Matthews

-double hat-trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pACFl74V4