PDA

View Full Version : being lean before bulking vs bodyfat distribution

Buckyx
05-05-2016, 08:20 AM
does it matter where fat is distributed to affect nutrient partitioning? 10-12% bodyfat is prefered before bulking to improve insulin sensitivity and things should make gains with less fat
what if most of that fat would be on stomach, would it matter?

I feel like my stomach has the most fat, arms are much leaner

jdrush
05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
does it matter where fat is distributed to affect nutrient partitioning? 10-12% bodyfat is prefered before bulking to improve insulin sensitivity and things should make gains with less fat

Every guy has the most fat on his stomach.

I've got arms like a Greek god, and a stomach like a Bhuddist god.

Mrpb
05-05-2016, 08:58 AM

More fat in the abdominal region (and visceral) usually goes together with poorer insulin sensitivity. This is why people recommend to get to 10-12% before bulking.

That being said, if you're at 15% and still making good progress while eating a small surplus, there's no need why you can't have great bulking results.

Buckyx
05-05-2016, 09:17 AM
alright makes sense, I am at around 20% bf now

gbullock32
05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Every guy has the most fat on his stomach.

I've got arms like a Greek god, and a stomach like a Bhuddist god.Lower back/love handles here is first for me. Ass loses fat first and gains it last... feel like I am sitting on my pelvis most of the time.