PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months to Competition

TommyToTheShawn
04-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Is 5 months not enough time to get show ready? I currently weigh 145 and have 11.2% body fat. I am wanting to do a Bodybuilding competition and realize that most people spend almost a year getting show ready. If I was to start dieting and two a days would it be feasible to be show ready in that short amount of time? I have a friend who had done competitions for years and has agreed to coach me in training and posing.

Jai23
04-28-2016, 08:00 PM
11% bf would be a good place to start a prep from but you simply don't have enough mass to pull of a bodybuilding show. Not trying to discourage you but you don't want to waste your time getting to low bf levels when its obvious at 5.9 146lbs you should be bulking for an extensive period of time.

If your super keen and just want to experience getting on stage maybe consider a natural show that has a mens fitness category

Is 5 months not enough time to get show ready? I currently weigh 145 and have 11.2% body fat. I am wanting to do a Bodybuilding competition and realize that most people spend almost a year getting show ready. If I was to start dieting and two a days would it be feasible to be show ready in that short amount of time? I have a friend who had done competitions for years and has agreed to coach me in training and posing.