PDA

View Full Version : Worried about carbs.

hynox.rain
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
All my life I have been an extremely high carb dieter. For lunch and such I would just have fruit and plain pieces of bread. Plain pasta, rice, and all different sources of carbs, I think i've always just loved the texture.

Recently i've been changing about my carb levels and i've noticed with higher fat that my testosterone levels are increased ; i've actually started growing hair on my arms, abdomen and face (i'm 18), but I also notice that i'm not as energetic as I once was, and that is something I don't want to sacrifice, as i'm creative when i'm energetic.

So i'm kind of torn. My hormones seem to respond well to fats, but my body tends to love carbs. Should I try a 33/33/33 diet and see how that goes? Does anyone have any advice? I guess I want the best of both worlds, and I don't see why that can't happen, i'm just concerned as to how I can be fully energetic and have a positive hormonal profile without sacrificing macro's either way.

ozigal
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
All my life I have been an extremely high carb dieter. For lunch and such I would just have fruit and plain pieces of bread. Plain pasta, rice, and all different sources of carbs, I think i've always just loved the texture.

Recently i've been changing about my carb levels and i've noticed with higher fat that my testosterone levels are increased ; i've actually started growing hair on my arms, abdomen and face (i'm 18), but I also notice that i'm not as energetic as I once was, and that is something I don't want to sacrifice, as i'm creative when i'm energetic.

So i'm kind of torn. My hormones seem to respond well to fats, but my body tends to love carbs. Should I try a 33/33/33 diet and see how that goes? Does anyone have any advice? I guess I want the best of both worlds, and I don't see why that can't happen, i'm just concerned as to how I can be fully energetic and have a positive hormonal profile without sacrificing macro's either way.it depends how long you've been on low carb. If it's only been a little while then give it more time so can your body can adjust to it. If it has already been fairly long then try upping them slightly. Go for maybe 40-30-30 (protein-fats-carbs)