PDA

View Full Version : Josh Norman = Nnamdi Asomugha

waytoodeep03
04-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Remember how good nnamdi was on oakland then got his payday in philly and then faded in oblivion. That is exactly how it will go with Josh norman.

Norman had his success because of luke and thomas davis shutting down the middle and the defensive system ran there.

Going to washington norman will fade just like nnamdi.

He shoudlve stayed in carolina or went to a team like denver or tampa

JBhaverhill
04-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Would you rather be on a winner or pocket 36 million?

iamgenus
04-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Remember how good nnamdi was on oakland then got his payday in philly and then faded in oblivion. That is exactly how it will go with Josh norman.

Norman had his success because of luke and thomas davis shutting down the middle and the defensive system ran there.

Yeah....no.

First of all the analogy is retarded even if it was true that Norman only benefited from the guys around him(btw show me a player who is out there with no help)

Asomugha was straight up a lock down corner with Oakland, yet your analogy makes it seem like he was getting a ton of help from his Oakland teammates and was a by product of a system. Nnamdi was a great man corner who was brought in to play in a different scheme in Philly. That was on Philly for basically taking his strength away and then on him for getting his confidence crushed so easily.

Norman had a great season last year, yes that defense had some excellent players on it but lets not act he's some guy totally reaping the benefits of others. He was putting in the work and making great plays down the field and sticking with his man despite some tough matchups.

Not to mention the idea that he was made because Kuechly and Thomas shut down the middle of the field helped him is retarded. How is a CB who is apparently made by his teammate benefiting from the inside of the field being shut down? If anything that means QBs are going to target him a lot more and he's going to be in a lot of one on ones?

Now I'm not saying Norman to washington was a great signing for the Skins or that he's going to be a shut down corner there it's just your analogy and reason for making it are way too potato.

MA5Bergey
04-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Except Nnamdi was actually good until he came to the Eagles.

Who knows, but I certainly wouldn't give $50 mil guaranteed to him.

FGCHENG
04-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Thought Normon was a lot younger, he's turning 29 year this year.

Dave P
04-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Really the only thing comparable is that they are both DB's.

Psyren
04-24-2016, 12:58 PM
why you gotta bring back this pain OP? :(

Swept
04-24-2016, 01:42 PM
You do know Luke missed 4 games and Norman still shut down his side

CyberSheriff
04-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Terrible comparison.

Nnamdi made a living covering the 2 and slot in a man scheme on a 4-12 team for 5 years while Norman played in a zone scheme for a team that went to the SB.

Lakers24
04-24-2016, 02:39 PM
do you really think half these guys care? at the end of the day they want MONEY! he had a good season and cashed in. im sure most of these guys think of life after football and no one is turning down 50 mil guaranteed

BryantVII
04-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Op you are an idiot.... Washington runs a similar zone based defense that mixes in man every once in a while like Carolina; so Washington is a good fit. Not to mention the Panthers ran cover 1,3,and 4 a lot which is essentially putting Norman on an island with no help. Norman has shown that he can play man defense but Op you act like Norman is going to team that is man defense heavy.

joedirt87
04-24-2016, 05:15 PM

Wanted Tampa to go after him, then I saw the contract

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

IH8RICE
04-24-2016, 06:27 PM

If this come to fruition I'm negging the everfuk out of you just for saying that phaggots name. What a waste of sperm. And then he goes and marries Kerry Washington. He doesn't deserve that precious chick,

AmIGoodNuff
04-24-2016, 08:46 PM
If this come to fruition I'm negging the everfuk out of you just for saying that phaggots name. What a waste of sperm. And then he goes and marries Kerry Washington. He doesn't deserve that precious chick,

It tears you up inside more then him tearing up her insides every night.

Thai_Clinch
04-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Wanted Tampa to go after him, then I saw the contract

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

tampa did. they had him at the table. norman wanted too much. from what im told it was a solid offer too. little less than what revis had with his brief stint here.