PDA

View Full Version : So we all agree that by now Harper is better than Trout right?

MulattoBrah7
04-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Been saying it since '12, Harper was just too immature and had no discipline as a player, way too aggressive at the plate and even tho that he was kinda rushed to the majors he still won ROY and mashed 22 homers at 19.

Now that hes grown up and is one of the most disciplined players at the plate he's showing his true self and GOATing all over the place.

Brb back to back MVP.

Not even a nats fan but I've always been a Harper stan.

Can't wait till we give him 500 million and he breaks the HR record with that short RF porch in the almighty Yankee Stadium.
9.998/10 chance that he officially becomes the active MLB GOAT once A-GOAT retires.

MulattoBrah7
04-22-2016, 09:12 PM
phaggots

BorrachoDamor
04-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Been saying this too. Hope my Cubs somehow get him since he's friends with kris Bryant

YoungMetro24
04-22-2016, 09:16 PM
It's scary to think of how many home runs he could hit with that short porch.

ctownballer04
04-22-2016, 09:16 PM
honestly no one givers a fuk about whatever sports you are talking about, plz just go.

This thread is now about Chess and Magnus Carlsen being a better athlete than anyone mentioned in the OP.

YoungMetro24
04-22-2016, 09:18 PM
honestly no one givers a fuk about whatever sports you are talking about, plz just go.

This thread is now about Chess and Magnus Carlsen being a better athlete than anyone mentioned in the OP.

http://pictures.ozy.com/pictures/768xany/1/1/2/7112_978x.jpg

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/mlb-bryce/mlb-player-bryce-harper-goes-shirtless-for-espn-body-issue-04.jpg

ctownballer04
04-22-2016, 09:28 PM
http://pictures.ozy.com/pictures/768xany/1/1/2/7112_978x.jpg

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/mlb-bryce/mlb-player-bryce-harper-goes-shirtless-for-espn-body-issue-04.jpg

Don't recognize the bottom guy, but Magnus looking solid. Nice post.

YoungMetro24
04-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't recognize the bottom guy, but Magnus looking solid. Nice post.

Are you trying to be funny?

ctownballer04
04-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Are you trying to be funny?

Just trolling cause this thread was posted in the wrong subforum.

BloodyBaron
04-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Angels fan, die hard Mike Trout fanboy, and I agree with this..but only as a hitter. Trout hits 40 home runs leading the league in OPS playing at CF which is a premier position.

Trout's defense at CF makes him equally, if not more valuable than Harper, but as he gets older his defense will get worse..I'd rather have Harper long term but both are great and I'm happy to see Harper finally live up to the once in a generational player mantra that was posited onto him earlier in his career.

Trout playing at Angels stadium and also playing at Oakland and Seattle every year definitely hurts his numbers, which is why his OPS+ is always much higher than his regular OPS, which is already league leading.

YoungMetro24
04-22-2016, 09:50 PM
Just trolling cause this thread was posted in the wrong subforum.

This is a pretty sad attempt at humor.

cor030
04-22-2016, 09:53 PM
he's on his way to the Bonds tier if he continues playing/improving like he last.

the run he's on is just unreal.

BloodyBaron
04-22-2016, 09:56 PM
he's on his way to the Bonds tier if he continues playing/improving like he last.

That would be impressive if Harper (or Trout) were natty..but they aren't. So Bonds is still the GOAT regardless, clean or dirty.

cor030
04-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Angels fan, die hard Mike Trout fanboy, and I agree with this..but only as a hitter. Trout hits 40 home runs leading the league in OPS playing at CF which is a premier position.

Trout's defense at CF makes him equally, if not more valuable than Harper, but as he gets older his defense will get worse..I'd rather have Harper long term but both are great and I'm happy to see Harper finally live up to the once in a generational player mantra that was posited onto him earlier in his career.

Trout playing at Angels stadium and also playing at Oakland and Seattle every year definitely hurts his numbers, which is why his OPS+ is always much higher than his regular OPS, which is already league leading.

Harper's defense isn't bad enough to negate the offensive value he has over Trout IMO. they're both clearly the best two players, but Harper has just gone nuts. before today he had more home runs than strike-outs (now it's 8hr/8k). he's crushing lefties. he's the most patient hitter in baseball. hnnggg I think I'm going to cry when he leaves for the Yankees.

That would be impressive if Harper (or Trout) were natty..but they aren't. So Bonds is still the GOAT regardless, clean or dirty.

I've always maintained Bonds is the GOAT of all GOATs. The MJ tier of athletes that are pretty much untouchable by any current player. No one will ever match, or even come close to IMO, BOnds MVP run in the 2000's. Motherfukker was getting on base more than half the time. Fukkin' holy fukk.

Poppingtags
04-22-2016, 10:47 PM
I've been dreaming of Harper in Yankee Stadium, but I'm beginning to think the Hal and Hank are going to close their wallets and be the cheap kunts

TheNextGOAT
04-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Harper will be a great Yankee

cannonhand7
04-23-2016, 03:12 AM
I've been dreaming of Harper in Yankee Stadium, but I'm beginning to think the Hal and Hank are going to close their wallets and be the cheap kunts
no shot, the yankees need new young offensive talent badly that can be franchise players. Harper also pretty sure wants to become a yankee. Cant wait until he's in pinstripes in a few years.
I used to think trout was better and he was but overall he's slightly under bryce now, obv trout excels in defense (harper isn't bad persay, but you have to realize the guy was a catcher in HS/college and outfield is still pretty new to him, he will only get better with time because of his athlete ability, also has a cannon) and being a more disciplined hitter but the upside of Harper is insane. Trout will no doubt be a hall of famer at this rate though.

MtnJax
04-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Harper won't be a Yankee because he likes to keep his beard grown.

Poppingtags
04-23-2016, 01:41 PM
no shot, the yankees need new young offensive talent badly that can be franchise players. Harper also pretty sure wants to become a yankee. Cant wait until he's in pinstripes in a few years.
I used to think trout was better and he was but overall he's slightly under bryce now, obv trout excels in defense (harper isn't bad persay, but you have to realize the guy was a catcher in HS/college and outfield is still pretty new to him, he will only get better with time because of his athlete ability, also has a cannon) and being a more disciplined hitter but the upside of Harper is insane. Trout will no doubt be a hall of famer at this rate though.

I truly want to believe it, but I just am not confident in Hal and Hank actually trying to sign him to the crazy contract. They seem to be fine with spending less money and competing every now and then.

TheNextGOAT
04-23-2016, 02:16 PM

The Yankees have about 70 mill coming off the books with A-Rod, Tex, and CC after next year, then another 30 mill in 2019 with McWOAT and Headley. Paying Harper his 9/330 won't be a problem

cor030
04-23-2016, 02:31 PM
The Yankees have about 70 mill coming off the books with A-Rod, Tex, and CC. Paying Harper his 9/330 won't be a problem

If Harper stays healthy and keeps producing like he is lol at 9/333m. No way in hell he signs a deal for that long at his age at the rate contracts are growing. Only way he goes for that many years is if someone absolutely blows him away with half a billion dollars.

It's more likely that he signs a shorter term deal that'll give him another crack a free agency while he still has plenty of prime years left.

Poppingtags
04-23-2016, 02:38 PM
The Yankees have about 70 mill coming off the books with A-Rod, Tex, and CC after next year, then another 30 mill in 2019 with McWOAT and Headley. Paying Harper his 9/330 won't be a problem

I hope you're right. while we are signing Harper, we might as well sign Machado and Jose Fernandez that offseason too

If Harper stays healthy and keeps producing like he is lol at 9/333m. No way in hell he signs a deal for that long at his age at the rate contracts are growing. Only way he goes for that many years is if someone absolutely blows him away with half a billion dollars.

It's more likely that he signs a shorter term deal that'll give him another crack a free agency while he still has plenty of prime years left.

As a nats fan, do you expect them to sign him before he hits free agency like Trout?

cor030
04-23-2016, 02:45 PM
I hope you're right. while we are signing Harper, we might as well sign Machado and Jose Fernandez that offseason too

As a nats fan, do you expect them to sign him before he hits free agency like Trout?

No he's a boras client - he will hit free agency. I think if he was going to do a Trout type deal it'd already be done.

I do think that the Nationals will give him a blank check and match any offer he gets. It's just going to come down to Harper and his lifelong Yankee fandom vs the career he's built as a National and the fact we all worship him. Unfortunately I think the star power and legend status he could achieve in NY will outweigh that.

johnnyboi123
04-23-2016, 03:23 PM
besides their batting, both are pretty darn mediocre baseball players. just sayin.

BJohnny1988
04-23-2016, 03:36 PM
A-Gon will be off the books
Crawford off the books
Ethier off the books

Come back to the west Bryce.

WhoWasFeel
04-23-2016, 06:09 PM

i dont think so tim

lol at anyone approaching the goat

Lunatic
04-23-2016, 06:23 PM
No he's a boras client - he will hit free agency. I think if he was going to do a Trout type deal it'd already be done.

I do think that the Nationals will give him a blank check and match any offer he gets. It's just going to come down to Harper and his lifelong Yankee fandom vs the career he's built as a National and the fact we all worship him. Unfortunately I think the star power and legend status he could achieve in NY will outweigh that.
**** you :(

A-Gon will be off the books
Crawford off the books
Ethier off the books

Come back to the west Bryce.The worst MLB franchise.