PDA

View Full Version : Creatine - whoosh

Ravax
04-15-2016, 04:00 AM
Did a quick search on the forums and couldn't find anything in this context..

Can taking creatine daily (5g as recommended) prevent a whoosh while cutting? Considering you drink water while working out, so you are constantly replenishing your water stores in your muscles?

Or the opposite? Can creatine induce a whoosh? By dehydrating yourself after a workout let's say.. Where your muscles' water retention capacity is quite large, but no water was drunk, so while you sleep your body will 'suck' the water out of whooshy fat cells to bring to your muscles?

It can go both ways... no idea...

Znik
04-15-2016, 05:06 AM
Creatine draws water into the muscle and from there on it stays somewhat steady, so you might get an initial water weight increase for Creatine but it' won't fluctuate much (if any).

Ravax
04-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Creatine draws water into the muscle and from there on it stays somewhat steady, so you might get an initial water weight increase for Creatine but it' won't fluctuate much (if any).

So considering that, it prevents a whoosh then?

Znik
04-15-2016, 05:32 AM
So considering that, it prevents a whoosh then?

It can cause a temporary stop in losing weight for the first week or so, after that it won't affect loss/wooshes.

SuffolkPunch
04-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Creatine makes me pee a lot. I thought it would be more likely to make you drop retained water, not hang on to it.

Znik
04-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Creatine makes me pee a lot. I thought it would be more likely to make you drop retained water, not hang on to it.

That usually comes from increased thirst when taking Creatine so you drink a lot more.