PDA

View Full Version : New here, need some help

Dankavery
04-10-2016, 07:18 PM
My fat loss journey started on October 1st, 2015. I was overweight, no I wasn't overweight I was obese. I lied about my weight all my life and had never been a truly active person. I was coming off a major knee surgery and was approaching my second major knee surgery in 7 months. I was depressed and I was bored, I felt like there was no meaning to life. Then it hit me, I was finally going to do something about this. Though I couldn't work out due to my situation with my knees (or that's what I thought) I changed the way I was going to eat. I took on the paleo approach, I started shedding pounds fast though I was not eating nearly as many veggies as I could have been. The first three months was tough I cheated all the time but ended up sticking with it. Then my second knee surgery came, I couldn't walk for weeks and I cheated 24/7 but as soon as I started walking again I got back to it. Since that surgery I bought a heavy bag to start hitting for cardio and in the past 5 weeks I have now started lifting weights 4-5 days a week. I have lost 100 pounds in 6 months and I feel amazing. I feel as if I've hit a dead end though. My weight is the same (170) and for somebody who is 6'2 that is healthy but I want to lose about 15 more pounds of fat (I still have love handles, gut, moobs) and you might be thinking 155 is a very low weight for somebody my size but I have just come off of 2 knee surgeries so there is practically no muscle in my legs. I'm 18 years old now and I'm in the best shape of my life (which is saying something because I'm still not in great shape). I have a squat rack, bench press, dumbells and barbells at my house so I lift weights there. I need to know what I can do get in better shape (what types of workouts), do I need to track macros and just general advice to getting shredded someday! I also am going to post somewhere on here daily results, progress, and goals if yall would like that! I hope some can help, I would really appreciate it.

oncewasinshape
04-10-2016, 11:10 PM
We're of a similar build...you should've started lifting sooner. I'm not sure if you'll have enough mass to cut down that much more. You can shoot for a few more lbs. Hit your protein and fats, count calories, weigh food and find a program on this site that suits your needs.