PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe "headlines of trump presidency" hack journalism

Azrairc
04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/boston-globe-trump-cover-2016-4

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5709a92252bcd05b008bbc36-538/fake-boston-globe-trump-front-page.png

Just lol, the media elitists are absolutely terrified of King Trump

DaHipsterDoofus
04-10-2016, 01:10 PM
They really do give this man alot more credit than he deserves. I mean this is litterally slander, they know for a fact this would and could never happen.

brb purge 2018

sigsauerbrah
04-10-2016, 01:14 PM
LOL Boston.

Ramoneb87
04-10-2016, 01:26 PM
They got to get their punches in before Trump becomes president loosens libel laws and they suddenly become reponsible for such blatantly defamatory "journalism".

KoolKidRyan
04-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Rather fitting a Trump supporter doesn't know what satire is.

sawoobley
04-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Here is their excuse for what they did. Strong journalism where they feel the need to control the political narrative.

7gOxGmJyVhk

Sinix
04-10-2016, 02:59 PM
This is like straight from The Wire where the news company is so desperate for ratings they are trying to put themselves into the biggest story in America.

Stick to reporting the news, not manufacturing it. You idiots.

zinkhan99
04-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Here is their excuse for what they did. Strong journalism where they feel the need to control the political narrative.

7gOxGmJyVhk

This is really pathetic. Seriously. "Prices 6x higher thanks to trade wars". Really? That dramatic music too lmao, felt like a report on ****phile ring.

Rather fitting a Trump supporter doesn't know what satire is.

Doesn't look like satire, but thanks for your contribution. Sheep gonna sheep, don't forget to lube up when you bend over.

Discworlder
04-10-2016, 03:17 PM
LOL at a mainstream newspaper copying the Onion in an attempt to stay relevant.

KoolKidRyan
04-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Doesn't look like satire, but thanks for your contribution. Sheep gonna sheep, don't forget to lube up when you bend over.
It's definitely satire it's a "what if" headline in a hypothetical and alternate future where Trump is president and does what he has said he will do in his campaign.

Did you know Martin Van Buren was the only US president that wasn't in the same bloodline of the others? Not bad for a sheep huh?

jro9999
04-10-2016, 03:38 PM
lol @ all the SJW's getting offended by a satirical news article because it pokes fun at their emperor

They got to get their punches in before Trump becomes president loosens libel laws and they suddenly become reponsible for such blatantly defamatory "journalism".

trump is a public figure and there's different definitions of slander and libel for public vs. private

plus why are you in favor of restricting the first amendment? you're in favor of a candidate whose anti-establishment but you want to give the very government your candidate is against even more power to go after free speech laws?

zinkhan99
04-10-2016, 03:48 PM
It's definitely satire it's a "what if" headline in a hypothetical and alternate future where Trump is president and does what he has said he will do in his campaign.

Did you know Martin Van Buren was the only US president that wasn't in the same bloodline of the others? Not bad for a sheep huh?

Did you watch the explanation vid sawoobley posted or you are you going to keep repeating that it's satire ?

FRANKCANNON
04-10-2016, 04:03 PM
LOL at a mainstream newspaper copying the Onion in an attempt to stay relevant.

It's dying man, and it's sad to me because liberal rag or not, this was my first job. Won many a BMX race thanks to Globe subscribers.

Also, it is is not without hilariousness:

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc438/DELTUFFOIL/trumptroll_zpszyh1qrd2.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/DELTUFFOIL/media/trumptroll_zpszyh1qrd2.jpg.html)

^^I would be very happy with Trump if he does nothing but build The Wall and troll uppity third world phaggots.

criminal_manne
04-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Did you watch the explanation vid sawoobley posted or you are you going to keep repeating that it's satire ?

Lmao at these uneducated morons who don't know what satire is. They are being very, very serious. (Hint:satire implies some kind of humor).

jro9999
04-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Lmao at these uneducated morons who don't know what satire is. They are being very, very serious. (Hint:satire implies some kind of humor).

If you think satire is exclusive to humor and comedy you are very and I mean very uneducated.

scheal
04-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Just goes to prove that Trump (PBUH) is doing a great job when libs run scared

moksha16
04-10-2016, 04:45 PM
lol @ all the SJW's getting offended by a satirical news article because it pokes fun at their emperor

trump is a public figure and there's different definitions of slander and libel for public vs. private

plus why are you in favor of restricting the first amendment? you're in favor of a candidate whose anti-establishment but you want to give the very government your candidate is against even more power to go after free speech laws?

The only part of the first amendment they are in favour of is the part that gives trump the freedom to talk about his dick during a presidential debate and the part that lets them tell their friends how much they hate tranny's (.. i know that doesn't have anything to do with the 1st.. but they don't)

JB05
04-10-2016, 04:49 PM
If Trump were President right now, I wonder which America's Got Talent star he would nominate to the Supreme Court

ack33
04-10-2016, 04:51 PM
First amendment is one thing but I would expect the news to be fair and balanced. Lack of ethics for journalism

FRANKCANNON
04-10-2016, 04:55 PM
If you think satire is exclusive to humor and comedy you are very and I mean very uneducated.

Can you link me to some successful unfunny satire?

I'm thinking you are wrong, but I will give credit if you can show me something remotely interesting.

FRANKCANNON
04-10-2016, 05:06 PM
The only part of the first amendment they are in favour of is the part that gives trump the freedom to talk about his dick during a presidential debate and the part that lets them tell their friends how much they hate tranny's (.. i know that doesn't have anything to do with the 1st.. but they don't)

Look, you already have tranny in the White House.*

Just be happy in your own sad excuse for a country.

* - Or whatever you call it, eh?

zinkhan99
04-10-2016, 05:12 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/12akdu.jpg

criminal_manne
04-10-2016, 05:19 PM
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:

Humor: no
Irony: no
Exaggeration: yes, but they didn't mean it to be so, no
Ridicule: maybe, but ridicule itself isn't satire.

Conclusion : not satire

Stizzel
04-10-2016, 05:22 PM
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:

Humor: no
Irony: no
Exaggeration: yes, but they didn't mean it to be so, no
Ridicule: maybe, but ridicule itself isn't satire.

Conclusion : not satire

We know he's not president yet so I'd say it qualifies as satire. The kind of satire that lets you know liberal tears are flowing.

jro9999
04-10-2016, 05:37 PM

I'm thinking you are wrong, but I will give credit if you can show me something remotely interesting.

Look at the onion website, their whole shtick is satire and a lot of isn't humorous or funny but instead it's over the top hyperbole or exaggerations.

Same with Saturday night live, not every skit is meant to be laughed at. Sometimes they're just making a point

criminal_manne
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Look at the onion website, their whole shtick is satire and a lot of isn't humorous or funny but instead it's over the top hyperbole or exaggerations.

Same with Saturday night live, not every skit is meant to be laughed at. Sometimes they're just making a point

The onion is supposed to be funny as is SNL.

SNL is terrible though it's so unfunny you think they're doing it on purpose.

basement iron
04-10-2016, 05:48 PM
That's not satire.

watertoy
04-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Walter Mondale and the boston globe shut down the expressway in 1978 during a snowstorm.

Mondale was visiting the rump squad.

JonathanRhimes
04-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Lulz, gotta love how the "scariest" biggest font of the hit piece is a "threat" that existing laws will actually be enforced.

Oh the humanity!

JonathanRhimes
04-10-2016, 06:14 PM

Perhaps the most famous piece of political satire ever, Swift describes raising babies for food to stimulate the economy, control the population, and fight famine.

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Satirical yes, but not particularly funny.

mstatefan91
04-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Definition of satire:

It has exaggeration and ridicule. It also has irony if this fits your perspective. It is satire.

Liberal tears flowing

jro9999
04-10-2016, 06:28 PM
The onion is supposed to be funny as is SNL.

SNL is terrible though it's so unfunny you think they're doing it on purpose.

There's literally stuff on the onion's front page right now that's satirical but not trying to be funny. But if you wish to believe that go ahead. Although it's really not important and doesn't have much to do with the globe's article

Lulz, gotta love how the "scariest" biggest font of the hit piece is a "threat" that existing laws will actually be enforced.

Oh the humanity!

Do you think mass deportation would ever actually happen?

JonathanRhimes
04-10-2016, 06:34 PM
There's literally stuff on the onion's front page right now that's satirical but not trying to be funny. But if you wish to believe that go ahead. Although it's really not important and doesn't have much to do with the globe's article

Do you think mass deportation would ever actually happen?

I guess it depends what we mean by "mass deportation". Obama has been deporting more people than most of the other recent presidents, does this qualify as a mass deportation?

If you're wondering if 100% will ever be reported then I think definitely not. Perfect law enforcement isn't possible. But we can and should uphold the law to the greatest extent possible. Otherwise we communicate the idea that laws are malleable and only worthy of consideration if it's not too inconvenient for you.

jro9999
04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Walter Mondale and the boston globe shut down the expressway in 1978 during a snowstorm.

Mondale was visiting the rump squad.

U wot m8

Nobody shut the highway down. People were stranded in snow on unplowed roads and they abandoned their cars. It was the worst snow storm they'd ever been hit by. Da fuk does the globe have to do with the blizzard of 78?

Forty0zFreedom
04-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Its unequivocally not satire. Its blatant political activism. If you believe its anything different than that, you're either lying or you're fukcing retarded.

Mulyark
04-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Failing POS newspaper. The NY Times bought them in 1993 for $1.1 billion and had to sell them a couple years ago for $70 million! That's why they resort to college paper stunts, they have nothing real or informative left to offer.

criminal_manne
04-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Definition of satire:

It has exaggeration and ridicule. It also has irony if this fits your perspective. It is satire.

Liberal tears flowing

They don't mean it to be exaggerated. This is what they think will actually happen if Trump gets elected. There is no Irony, it's meant to be serious. It's not satire.

leafs43
04-10-2016, 07:57 PM
And they say republicans are the party of fear.

I think its safe to say the left have hate and fear both on lock down.

watertoy
04-10-2016, 07:57 PM
U wot m8

Nobody shut the highway down. People were stranded in snow on unplowed roads and they abandoned their cars. It was the worst snow storm they'd ever been hit by. Da fuk does the globe have to do with the blizzard of 78?

Did Dukakis drive mondale in his tank to the globe?

Mulyark
04-10-2016, 08:00 PM
And they say republicans are the party of fear.

I think its safe to say the left have hate and fear both on lock down.

It's all they have. Everything else is on a 1960s loop.

Bosscoo
04-11-2016, 03:01 AM

You probably mean tighten.

Would you guys also like to ban publications like Charlie Hedbo while you are at it?

Or just satire that doesn't fit with your side of the political spectrum

FRANKCANNON
04-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Perhaps the most famous piece of political satire ever, Swift describes raising babies for food to stimulate the economy, control the population, and fight famine.

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Satirical yes, but not particularly funny.

Fair enough.

Holy chit at abortions in 1729. That is craziness.