PDA

View Full Version : will i still be able to build muscle with 50% of my protein coming from none meat

josasourous
04-10-2016, 09:47 AM
i was wondering does my carb sources (such as peas oats and brown rice) count towards my recommended protein intake to build muscel the reason i ask this is because i have created a meal plan where i get 180g of protein per day with 50% coing from chicken but the other 50% coming from sources such as nuts and peas and ive heard many people say you cant gain muscle from using protein from things like peas and nuts will i still be able to build muscle with 50% of my protein coming from none meat sources

Partyrocking
04-10-2016, 09:48 AM
All of your protein counts.

josasourous
04-10-2016, 09:54 AM
just keep scaring myself because i see the scales go up and i keep seeing people on the internet like oh no you cant gain unless its complete proteins and im thinking am i just gaining fat or muscle too

magician27
04-10-2016, 10:00 AM
you are fine op, you build "muscel"

gbullock32
04-10-2016, 11:58 AM
just keep scaring myself because i see the scales go up and i keep seeing people on the internet like oh no you cant gain unless its complete proteins and im thinking am i just gaining fat or muscle tooAs long as you vary sources, incomplete proteins can compliment each other and form a complete protein.

OT2000
04-10-2016, 01:08 PM
just keep scaring myself because i see the scales go up and i keep seeing people on the internet like oh no you cant gain unless its complete proteins and im thinking am i just gaining fat or muscle too

All protein matters and all proteins are complete. Some are inferior sources of eaa's however they are still there and can be matched with another source that helps stabilize the amounts. So in short, yes you can get 50% of your protein from plant sources.

allrnder
04-10-2016, 04:15 PM
All protein matters and all proteins are complete. Some are inferior sources of eaa's however they are still there and can be matched with another source that helps stabilize the amounts. So in short, yes you can get 50% of your protein from plant sources.

Brilliant. This^^

ErikTheElectric
04-10-2016, 09:43 PM
At the age of 19, I would've thought that you could at least use a period or at least some sort of punctuation. *sigh*