PDA

View Full Version : Classic Physique at the INBA Natural Olympia

patfactorx
04-03-2016, 09:03 PM
For those interested in seeing how the new Classic Physique is going to look in the INBA. Here's our video from the Natural Olympia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyDizgxciQ

sy2502
04-04-2016, 09:41 AM
For those interested in seeing how the new Classic Physique is going to look in the INBA. Here's our video from the Natural Olympia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyDizgxciQ

I don't see the reason a natural federation should have Classic Physique. My understanding was that the class was needed in non drug tested federations to bridge the gap between Men's Physique and Bodybuilding. But in a natural federation, let's face it, every bodybuilder has "classic proportions", since they can't get massive and don't suffer bloated guts. There's already so many classes, why add more?

LightCrow
04-04-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't see the reason a natural federation should have Classic Physique. My understanding was that the class was needed in non drug tested federations to bridge the gap between Men's Physique and Bodybuilding. But in a natural federation, let's face it, every bodybuilder has "classic proportions", since they can't get massive and don't suffer bloated guts. There's already so many classes, why add more?

Because more classes means more money for promoters when you have people entering multiple classes in one show.

sy2502
04-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Because more classes means more money for promoters when you have people entering multiple classes in one show.

Fair enough. But you still end up with 200 Bikini and Men's Physique competitors and then 1 or 2 competitors in the higher classes (or none, as is always the case in women's bodybuilding and physique).

SPARTANUP
04-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Not a fan of the matching pinkish trunks, or the absence of the vacuum pose, or lack of classic transitions and posing.
Lets see what this turns into eventually. Some good physiques there on display.

patfactorx
04-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Not a fan of the matching pinkish trunks, or the absence of the vacuum pose, or lack of classic transitions and posing.
Lets see what this turns into eventually. Some good physiques there on display.

A lot of the classic poses were done in the individual posing routines, which were half the score.

Giant_Killer
04-05-2016, 12:47 PM
A lot of the classic poses were done in the individual posing routines, which were half the score.

Yeah this would be an emphasis on symmetry and comparison instead of dramatic presentation.