PDA

View Full Version : The Three point shot is killing the NBA (srs)

criminal_manne
04-01-2016, 09:05 PM
disclaimer: this is not a Steph Curry thread, Curry stans can fuk off, if Durant shot as many threes as curry he would make more.

Let's discuss some FACTS:

-Three point shots are being taken at an all time high.

-statistical analysis is taking over all sports

Logical conclusion: stats show chucking threes is more efficient, and this trend is only going to get worse.

Opinion: NBA has turned into DIII level basketball, it's terrible and I mean terrible! Sad!

Solution: The association must outlaw the three point line to return integrity to the game.

Discuss.

waddupi
04-01-2016, 09:09 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170312551

Source7769
04-01-2016, 09:11 PM
nba was better back when they let them play defense 90s knicks bulls games were fun

criminal_manne
04-01-2016, 09:13 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170312551

Yoy watching Celtics v. Warriors?

What a disaster, just chucking threes back n forth! Terrible !

CLandry
04-01-2016, 09:22 PM
It's called evolution. Adapt or get left behind.

stekcor
04-01-2016, 09:29 PM
OP pls no need to disguise this piece of literal chit steven curry is the reason why the nba is getting destroyed. All this piece of chit does is chuck up 3's like a fuking retard. literal piece of chit. i would beat the living chit out of him if i ever ran into him in person.

gottalooksharp
04-01-2016, 09:31 PM
It was literally implemented in 1979, right before the NBA became great

AreolaBorealis
04-01-2016, 09:33 PM
I agree op we need more iso ball and free throw attempts

thehypocrit
04-01-2016, 09:40 PM
nba was better back when they let them play defense 90s knicks bulls games were fun

lol what does this even mean?

The defence of now is ten folds more complicated and superior to anything run back then

criminal_manne
04-01-2016, 09:42 PM
It was literally implemented in 1979, right before the NBA became great

We need to make NBA great again and deport all three point shots.

Hoop_Dreams
04-01-2016, 09:58 PM
You're a Cavs fan complaining about the three ball

that's rich

criminal_manne
04-01-2016, 10:11 PM
You're a Cavs fan complaining about the three ball

that's rich

Wouldn't that give me more of a right to complain ?

notWilliam
04-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Chucking 3s is not statistically efficient though.

Offenses designed to get good looks from 3 are more important.
Look at the 76ers offense; they routinely get contested 3s with 13 on the shot clock which is terible.

The biggest tragedy is the importance of the 3 necessitating stretch 4s nowadays limiting players like BG, AD. Having athletic monsters step out 23 feet and guard Jared Dudley on D is really not enjoyable to watch.

ctownballer04
04-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Add the four point line already, damnit!!

Rockhard44
04-01-2016, 11:12 PM
So because guys are making shots farther away from the basket, it's ruining the game? Just LOL at you.

criminal_manne
04-02-2016, 06:47 AM
So because guys are making shots farther away from the basket, it's ruining the game? Just LOL at you.

Reading comprehension: not even once.

Source7769
04-02-2016, 06:51 AM
lol what does this even mean?

The defence of now is ten folds more complicated and superior to anything run back thenbetter go back and look you cant put a hand on anyone when defending ,you touch a guy in the paint and its a whistle it started when that phaggot vlade divacs made flopping famous, defense is superior? wtf there is no defense

chlaxman
04-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Didn't OP make this same thread 2 weeks ago?

KoolKidRyan
04-02-2016, 08:31 AM
I disagree that c's/ warriors game last night was the best sporting event I've seen in years. the ball movement and circus shots were incredible.

criminal_manne
04-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Didn't OP make this same thread 2 weeks ago?

Not exactly

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170653301&p=1426685211#post1426685211

criminal_manne
04-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I disagree that c's/ warriors game last night was the best sporting event I've seen in years. the ball movement and circus shots were incredible.

Of course you did because it's obvious from your avi you fall into 1 of 2 categories:

-Low Test
-Twink

SpartacusNYC
04-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Let them hand check and play physical perimeter defense. It would allow guys to play further up without worrying about being torched to the basket on every play. Right now you pretty much have to play back and let threes fly or play close and get beat to the basket on every possession.

Trust me folks, nobody knows good defense like me. Right now perimeter defense is a mess, a big fat mess, I'm just being honest. And nobody loves defense like we do, don't we folks?

HoustonMiscer
04-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Defense needs to be more emphasized at an early development stage in these players but as far as 3s and the spreading of the floor in today's game, get with it or get left behind. The days of post up forwards and centers are over. Now is the time of athletic 4s and 5s that have wide range of skills from shooting to passing. Dwight Howard's are slowly being pushed out of the game and Anthony Davis and KATs are beginning to thrive. You need to be able to have multiple skillsets as a forward or center these days. You can't just be a big man with just strength and power and expect to stick around anymore

ThickMeat
04-02-2016, 12:10 PM
bring back hand checking

amikaelmorris
04-02-2016, 01:27 PM
or they could just call illegal screens properly

mvpshaq32
04-02-2016, 04:36 PM
tldr; OP hates watching basketball strategy he can't comprehend

Shortstop36
04-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Defense needs to be more emphasized at an early development stage in these players but as far as 3s and the spreading of the floor in today's game, get with it or get left behind. The days of post up forwards and centers are over. Now is the time of athletic 4s and 5s that have wide range of skills from shooting to passing. Dwight Howard's are slowly being pushed out of the game and Anthony Davis and KATs are beginning to thrive. You need to be able to have multiple skillsets as a forward or center these days. You can't just be a big man with just strength and power and expect to stick around anymore

i thought you were leaving the misc currycel

BradenRad
04-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Still like the idea of the home team choosing to have a 3point line in their arena or not.

If Memphis/ San Antonio took it out in their arena other teams would have to play more their style compared to if you went to Golden state/Houston

GodbeBryant
04-02-2016, 05:10 PM
my contribution to this thread:

OP is a cuckold

Krunk Fu
04-02-2016, 05:11 PM

x3F9yaTK_84

SpartacusNYC
04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Still like the idea of the home team choosing to have a 3point line in their arena or not.

If Memphis/ San Antonio took it out in their arena other teams would have to play more their style compared to if you went to Golden state/Houston

Is this a serious suggestion?

Jadedfadedisbae
04-03-2016, 02:54 AM
I actually support your opinion

Jadedfadedisbae
04-03-2016, 03:42 AM
bring back hand checking

goat post

criminal_manne
05-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Bump

FGCHENG
05-04-2016, 06:53 PM
The modern NBA has adjusted their game to the 3 ball. Without hand checking, it is what it is. That's the most efficient way to score today. I personally like it, but I can understand how it takes away parts of the game. When a team gets hot from behind the arc, it's extremely hard for the other team to catch up. This was exactly what happened when Miami beat OKC, or when the Spurs annihilated Miami in the NBA Finals. Warriors vs Cavs will be a 3 point shoot out.

ClutchAnalyst
05-04-2016, 08:01 PM
The modern NBA has adjusted their game to the 3 ball. Without hand checking, it is what it is. That's the most efficient way to score today. I personally like it, but I can understand how it takes away parts of the game. When a team gets hot from behind the arc, it's extremely hard for the other team to catch up. This was exactly what happened when Miami beat OKC, or when the Spurs annihilated Miami in the NBA Finals. Warriors vs Cavs will be a 3 point shoot out.

thats just the other team's fault for not being able to adapt. hawks just flat out suck ass.

3 pointer comes into fault when a player does nothing but shoot 3 pointers, and cant adapt from that. that's a trend that the NBA is seeing more and more. there is nothing wrong with players being able to shoot, drive, and post up effectively, and still draining 3s all day long. they are adding value to the game of basketball just by advancing their skills and using them strategically to get the edge.

FGCHENG
05-04-2016, 08:06 PM
thats just the other team's fault for not being able to adapt. hawks just flat out suck ass.

3 pointer comes into fault when a player does nothing but shoot 3 pointers, and cant adapt from that. that's a trend that the NBA is seeing more and more. there is nothing wrong with players being able to shoot, drive, and post up effectively, and still draining 3s all day long. they are adding value to the game of basketball just by advancing their skills and using them strategically to get the edge.

100% agreed. It definitely comes into a fault when players do nothing but shoot 3s, but how many players are really like that? Kyle Korver is the only player I can think of where his sole purpose is to shoot the 3. He can't really do anything else on the court. Guys like Danny Green, JR Smith, etc... they all can defend and slash when they need to. I know you hate Curry, but he does a hell of a lot more than just shoot 3's. He wouldn't be the 2x MVP if all he did was just shoot 3s. I personally like where the game is going. Players are just going to have to adapt to the 3 point game until someone finds a better way to play basketball.

The most efficient way to score today is to shoot the 3 ball really well and pass really well (like Spurs and Warriors) to find a shot closest to the basket. Warriors scores most of their points either inside the paint or beyond the arc. That's why they won 73 games. Their defense was not special this season.