PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil "Issues"

AngelEyezz87
03-30-2016, 01:15 PM
So, I have been taking coconut oil off and on for some time. Every time I start I tend to get constipated which is weird because I know it's supposed to do the opposite. I've played with doses anywhere from 2-5 tablespoons a day but the more I take the more stopped up I get. Anyone know why this might be? It's frustrating :(

MrNope
03-30-2016, 01:17 PM
So, I have been taking coconut oil off and on for some time. Every time I start I tend to get constipated which is weird because I know it's supposed to do the opposite. I've played with doses anywhere from 2-5 tablespoons a day but the more I take the more stopped up I get. Anyone know why this might be? It's frustrating :(

Try a different kind of oil. Olive seems to be a popular choice.

AngelEyezz87
03-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Try a different kind of oil. Olive seems to be a popular choice.

I do cook a lot with olive oil. I was just hearing that coconut oil has amazing health benefits for metabolism as well as being antimicrobial.

Znik
03-30-2016, 01:57 PM
I do cook a lot with olive oil. I was just hearing that coconut oil has amazing health benefits for metabolism as well as being antimicrobial.

It's good to rub in your hair or as a mostly non-sticky moisturizer, it does not have any magic amazing health benefits.

If it gives you issues swap over to other oils/fat.

ErikTheElectric
03-30-2016, 07:04 PM
FYI OP: Coconut oil isn't magic and isn't all the "hype" that society has made it out to be.

McApplejuice
03-30-2016, 07:58 PM
You can keep eating more fat but you still might not poop s regularly. Could be a fiber/hydration issue. Evaluate the rest of your nutritional status