PDA

View Full Version : Carbs (when and which) ?

bigRbuffR
03-28-2016, 10:21 AM
I spent first few months of my working out researching about proteins and prioritizing it. So I got very low knowledge about carbs intakes.

Can anyone help me with these followings _

1. Which type of carbs to take at different time of day ? (All I know is simple carbs PW, complex carbs Pre)
2. How much carbs required per lbs (for gaining) ?
3. Can sugar be used in morning as carbs ? (I heard in morning after whole night wo food our body craves for carbs to digest fast)
4. Before bed carbs is necessary ?
5.Any other notions ..

Thanks

Jcart159
03-28-2016, 10:37 AM
1. Which type of carbs to take at different time of day ? (All I know is simple carbs PW, complex carbs Pre)

What you think you know isn't true. At all. Simple carbs post, and complex carbs pre is a myth... a very large one at that.

2. How much carbs required per lbs (for gaining) ?

None. Carbs are non essential to human survival and should therefor be consumed on a preferential basis. Some people perform well with carbs as high as their calories will allow them, while others perform well on a minimal amount of carbs.

3. Can sugar be used in morning as carbs ? (I heard in morning after whole night wo food our body craves for carbs to digest fast)

Sugar is a carbohydrate... ?

4. Before bed carbs is necessary ?

Nothing before bed is necessary.

5.Any other notions ..

Start finding more reliable sources of information. Wherever you got all that broscience from is most likely not the best source.

Freiord
03-28-2016, 10:52 AM
^^ all you need.

bigRbuffR
03-28-2016, 11:13 AM
Simple carbs post, and complex carbs pre is a myth... a very large one at that.

None. Carbs are non essential to human survival and should therefor be consumed on a preferential basis.

These just blowed my mind !!

Sugar is a carbohydrate... ?

yes it (table sugar) is simple form of carbs

Jcart159
03-28-2016, 11:36 AM
yes it (table sugar) is simple form of carbs

I posed that question because you asked "can be used in morning as carbs".

Sugar is a carb, so anytime you use it, it will be a carb.

Those myths we debunked above are some of the very basics when it comes to nutrition. If uncovering those myths is new information to you, you may want to start from scratch with the stickies at the top of this forum.