PDA

View Full Version : 17 year old: need help

SDbrownboy13
03-27-2016, 08:24 PM
For the longest now, I've been searching for help. I'm currently 5'5 ft, 180 pounds /25% body fat. I was wondering if an of you out there could give me advice on losing fat. Anything helps, thanks.

SmallShrimp
03-28-2016, 11:18 AM
A diet with exercise.

PlumKrazy
03-28-2016, 01:13 PM
I have some great resources that've helped me learn what I need to know over the years.

[Scooby's Video: The Truth About Abs]
youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

[Brad Pitt's Fight Club diet]
youtube.com/watch?v=Diwlj34wzHk

[Calories in a pound of fat]
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/calories/art-20048065

[TedTalk: Elephant In Kitchen]
youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI

Basically I'm cutting anything with *added* sugar, which has already caused me to lose weight at a steady pace even before starting a new P90X3 routine. (Including soda pop and other drinks bloated with processed sugar)

Cardio allows you to burn so many calories during the activity, you have to burn a certain number of calories to burn a pound of fat. (The Mayo Clinic article is helpful, but many people have valid points about how its not the best reference for losing weight. The way I see it, at least it gives you a target to shoot for. No mystery.)

Just be sure to consume enough good quality protein and healthy fats to maintain muscle so you can minimize how much you lose with the fat. The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn naturally and when you work out.

Hope this helps.
-PK

ewolf2
03-28-2016, 04:01 PM
There are a lot of great workout and nutrition plans on this site. Find a plan that is in line with your goals and a diet you can stick with. Consistency is key when trying to build muscle and lose fat.

Kwace
03-28-2016, 04:04 PM
play basketball

TREVIDICUS7
04-12-2016, 08:15 PM
hey i can help