PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, it's easy to forget

TheFornicator1
03-26-2016, 10:02 PM
We've been bashing the university culture for years on here. Microaggressions, triggering, etc...

But through it all, up until this recent Emory University/Trump debacle, I'd really forgotten that Universities are populated by adults. These people are actually adults, and that's the most mindblowing thing about it all, to me. The mental image I have of a university student is no longer a young adult with aspirations for professional success, but a caricature of an insecure, impotent, rebellious teenager lashing out at their parents and subsequently being coddled by an equally impotent guardian.

I can't believe these people are adults. How far we have fallen...

Lastro
03-26-2016, 11:21 PM
for chits and giggles, this is from my university's microaggressions facebook page (hasn't been active since 2014, but still). long by misc standards, but absolutely worth the read

"As a woman-identified cyclist, it is too often the case that when stopped at a stop sign or at a red light, a male cyclist (usually white) will cut in front of me. He assumes that because I am a woman, that he will be a faster cyclist, giving himself permission to go in front of me. This is an experience that I have almost every day, especially at the intersection near the Somerset pedestrian bridge coming into campus.
Regardless of whether or not he's faster (I usually end up passing him anyway), it is a vile and irritating form of microaggression against women and I'm so tired of it. Not only do cyclists have to put their lives on the line everyday due to dangerous drivers, women-identified cyclists have to put up with this sexist crap."

"i'm a really active girl (dance sports etc) and i'm usually classified as overweight. ive been a vegetarian since i was a kid for personal reasons not really related to health or anything.
i was in the cafeteria checkout and the guy at the cash recommended something for me that had meat in it. i told him, "thanks, but i'm a vegetarian." he looked at my body for a minute and he said, "you don't look like a vegetarian." i was too stunned to even say something, i just paid him and left."

sigsauerbrah
03-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Lol that second one is ether.

A-GAME
03-27-2016, 12:54 AM
Whenever I have a conversation with someone for more than five minutes, I remember how stupid the majority of people are, OP. None of this really shocks me.

http://i.imgur.com/CgBI6xu.jpg?1

Bosscoo
03-27-2016, 01:26 AM
Even graduates of Trump university ended up hating their great benefactor once they realized their degree and the promises that came with it were worthless, and now they have a class action lawsuit against him that has led to Judges comparing Trump to Bernie Madoff.

Must be something in the water of those 'universities'

LiftDeezNuts
03-27-2016, 03:44 AM
Maybe if they were actually treated like adults.
Brb not allowed to drink alcohol until 21. Just lol @ the fact you can be charged for buying an ADULT alcohol, blows my mind.
Brb need counseling because someone wrote "Trump2016" in chalk.

Lol