PDA

View Full Version : why did Philly give Bradford 18 mill a year

HtotheOV
03-21-2016, 11:35 AM
2 yr deal with 22 mill guaranteed wtf still mind blown

chlaxman
03-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Because they'd rather guarantee themselves a bad to mediocre QB for a year or two than run the risk of having a terrible QB from the draft (or RG3/Kaep) with higher potential upside.

JUGGERNAUT1333
03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
They really had no other options..... I will LOL if Chase beats Sam out for starting spot however.... 18/mil a year backup.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
18 million for 9 games aint bad, only 2m/game

LocalProjects
03-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Because they'd rather guarantee themselves a bad to mediocre QB for a year or two than run the risk of having a terrible QB from the draft (or RG3/Kaep) with higher potential upside.

This. They want one more season out of him as the starter to see where things go. They probably thought if they gave him a low ball offer they would lose him to FA.

Bradford has never been close to the 14th best QB in the league but he's getting paid like it. He doesn't win a lot, but when he does, it's at the negotiation table.

ugottabjoshinme
03-21-2016, 12:04 PM
It isn't even a bad deal for Philly. It is on the very low end of recent qb contracts and with the cap going up the %of cap is a bit lower than what it was for other teams. It gives them two years of average to above average qb play with a chance for him to be better than that. They can still draft a guy to prepare for the future.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2016, 12:13 PM
It isn't even a bad deal for Philly. It is on the very low end of recent qb contracts and with the cap going up the %of cap is a bit lower than what it was for other teams. It gives them two years of average to above average qb play with a chance for him to be better than that. They can still draft a guy to prepare for the future.

http://cdn4.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/confused.jpg

Swept
03-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Bradford wasn't really the problem last season, his receivers were terrible and the lack of running game didn't help.

Chairman7w
03-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Cause the Eagle's management is:

https://static-secure.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/9/24/1411574454561/03085543-87de-47ab-a4eb-58e7e39d022e-620x372.jpeg

2 yr deal with 22 mill guaranteed wtf still mind blown

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2016, 02:19 PM
Bradford wasn't really the problem last season, his receivers were terribleand the lack of running game didn't help.

They just drafted Jordan Matthews early and Nelson Agholor 20th overall (who Eagles nation own PhillyFreak7 argued was NOT over drafted and said he was going to come in and blow chit up lol). Their WRs are fine.

Am I missing something?

MrStrange
03-21-2016, 02:20 PM
He learned something from Fisher in STL.

How to keep a job you don't really deserve.

Swept
03-21-2016, 02:29 PM
They just drafted Jordan Matthews early and Nelson Agholor 20th overall (who Eagles nation own PhillyFreak7 argued was NOT over drafted and said he was going to come in and blow chit up lol). Their WRs are fine.

Am I missing something?

So cause they got drafted high makes them good?

Agholor was 4th string and Mathews had a fuk ton of drops.

MBisonSon
03-21-2016, 02:30 PM
If you give out short year deals you're gonna pay a lot of money.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2016, 02:46 PM
So cause they got drafted high makes them good?

Agholor was 4th string and Mathews had a fuk ton of drops.

Apparently '5' is now 'a fuk ton'.

Swept
03-21-2016, 03:13 PM
Apparently '5' is now 'a fuk ton'.

5 LMFAO let me guess you use PFF or sporting chart

He had 3 in one game alone, but yeah he had 5 the entire season

JmanTheJuiceman
03-21-2016, 05:34 PM
5 LMFAO let me guess you use PFF or sporting chart

He had 3 in one game alone, but yeah he had 5 the entire season

I am 100% down to look at a different source that shows otherwise if you can provide one?

Or, if you have access you can go in and create 5+ GIFs of Matthews dropping passes.

Warcup
03-21-2016, 10:15 PM
Mathews played like **** last year, i watched every game.

agholor was invisible because he was on the outside playing against the number 1 while mathews was on the inside.

chip kelly's "system" was a cheap ****house

the only reason bradford got what he did was due to the market. just look how much osweiler got paid.

the chase daniels contract is the one i dont understand.

Swept
03-21-2016, 10:19 PM
I am 100% down to look at a different source that shows otherwise if you can provide one?

Or, if you have access you can go in and create 5+ GIFs of Matthews dropping passes.

Yeah I'm not gonna look game by game for every Mathews drop, he had 3 vs my panthers. Some Eagles fans said they had around 50 total drops and Mathews was leading the way.

Go to any twitter timeline type in Jordan Mathews drops, he didn't go a week without one

XterraRob
03-21-2016, 10:37 PM

Please post that funny ass gif again with the dude walking out of the curtain.

IH8RICE
03-22-2016, 01:55 AM
Yeah I'm not gonna look game by game for every Mathews drop, he had 3 vs my panthers. Some Eagles fans said they had around 50 total drops and Mathews was leading the way.

Go to any twitter timeline type in Jordan Mathews drops, he didn't go a week without one

This. Not only did Chip's system not gel with anyone on the team( especially Bradford), but every time we got the ball moving, people were dropping balls left and right. Carolina may have gotten their first loss by us had people just caught the damn ball. I'm hoping things get better this year with a more traditional type of offense better suited for him. I don't think we sniff 8 wins this year but as long as we look solid in areas we looked terrible in last year, I'll feel confident with the staff going forward. Plus it's obvious they'll be drafting high for a QB in the next year or two anyone.

JmanTheJuiceman
03-22-2016, 02:48 AM

Laughs at PFF and sporting track as sources..

Provides Twitter.

Swept
03-22-2016, 03:08 AM
Laughs at PFF and sporting track as sources..

Provides Twitter.

PFF has been exposed as a frauds

If you really believe Mathews only had 5 drops, I feel sorry for you. Even that fat hateful fuk EDP who throws every Eagles player under the bus said that the Bradford was not the problem

JmanTheJuiceman
03-22-2016, 10:59 AM
PFF has been exposed as a frauds

If you really believe Mathews only had 5 drops, I feel sorry for you. Even that fat hateful fuk EDP who throws every Eagles player under the bus said that the Bradford was not the problem

Hey man, I have no dog in this fight.

If you want to prove it, then go prove it. I still haven't seen one reliable source from you. I've seen Twitter and some "EDP" guy? Of course those other sites aren't the best, but they're ****ing better than Twitter.

BenadrylBandit
03-22-2016, 12:04 PM
It's a good deal for both parties. Bradford gets a chance to show he's worth more, Eagles get the best option available on a short term "show us" deal.

And Bradford was far from the problem last year. As mentioned tons of drops. J Matt was good towards the end of the season when he started to limit the drops. Agholor needs a big sophomore season to erase the doubt and criticism.

Here's a 9 minute video of every drop. J Matt clearly had more than 5 lmao.

jvnvyIdos4w

JmanTheJuiceman
03-22-2016, 12:22 PM
It's a good deal for both parties. Bradford gets a chance to show he's worth more, Eagles get the best option available on a short term "show us" deal.

And Bradford was far from the problem last year. As mentioned tons of drops. J Matt was good towards the end of the season when he started to limit the drops. Agholor needs a big sophomore season to erase the doubt and criticism.

Here's a 9 minute video of every drop. J Matt clearly had more than 5 lmao.

jvnvyIdos4w

See, was that so hard ?

Thanks