PDA

View Full Version : Needing Advice.

rickkain29
03-16-2016, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,

I am struggling finding ways to keep my muscle mass, but lose body fat. I was always the fit kid in high school but in the past couple of years I have really "let myself go". I am 23 and working my way into the law enforcement field to follow in my father's footsteps. I am 5'8" and currently weight 240 pounds. I honestly could lose 50 pounds but as stated above I would like to keep as much of my muscle mass as possible. It is my understanding that HIIT is the best way to lose weight but that still leaves me with quite a few questions.

1.) Should I perform cardio before or after a workout? Or should I perform it in a completely separate workout?
2.) When lifting what should my rep range be?
3.) Given the amount of weight I need to lose, how many times a week should I perform cardio?

I understand the diet portion of it, the biggest thing for me is just getting in a rhythm of eating right and keeping it that way. Any help you guys can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Junsuiakai
03-17-2016, 07:15 AM
There are loads of information in the stickys first of all. Secondly cardio is entirely up to you. I'm 5"8 also and I used to weigh 240lbs. I never did cardio to get yo where I am now but I did keep intensity insanely high with my sessions of lifting. Oh yeah I'm at 166lbs ATM trying to cut down to 160lb