PDA

View Full Version : This Libertarian is strongly considering the Trump Train

BuckNakedinBama
03-16-2016, 07:41 PM
I've come to the conclusion all his tough talk and strong rhetoric is just to get votes and to put him in a strong position to begin negotiating deals which will be much more moderate than what he's said, but it will be something that gets done. I'm not so sure he's going to be as strong-arming a gov't figure as I originally believed. Someone get me off the fence.

Jerma
03-16-2016, 07:51 PM
at the very least he's a big fuk u to career politicians whose sole interest will always be to keep their income aka their position. I for one welcome trump like everyone did barack lets usher the way to get a mark cuban into the white house in 2024

dyee4613
03-16-2016, 07:54 PM
I've come to the conclusion all his tough talk and strong rhetoric is just to get votes and to put him in a strong position to begin negotiating deals which will be much more moderate than what he's said, but it will be something that gets done. I'm not so sure he's going to be as strong-arming a gov't figure as I originally believed. Someone get me off the fence.

If you vote Trump, please turn in your libertarian card. Here is some paper napkin math for you.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170365861

Ex-Terminator
03-16-2016, 07:57 PM

I was in the same boat as you. I voted Libertarian (Michael Badnarik) in 2004. He wound up getting less than half a million votes.

Political correctness is ruining this country, among other things. We have a Constitution and it needs to be honored and followed. Trump isn't my 100% ideal candidate either, but..... and this is the important part..... this country has slipped too far to go right back into a libertarian government instantly. That's why neither Ron Paul or Rand Paul never really stood a chance. Sad but true.

So speaking as a former Libertarian (still one at heart), Trump is our potential way out. He has emboldened people to speak their minds again and do the right thing. Plus, any SCOTUS justice he nominates is far more likely to follow the Constitution than one appointed by Hillary.

Not necessarily trying to sway you to the Trump Train, but those are my thoughts.