PDA

View Full Version : I want to change ...

BigGrizzly91
03-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Hello!

My name's Hamzah, I'm 24 years old and I don't want my words to continue to be hollow and to keep breaking promises to the people I love.

Weight: 400lbs
Height: 6' 1"
Waist: 56"

I have tried many times in the past to diet and to start with walks round my local park but I have only cheated myself. I will eat a bad meal and think what's the point, I may as well carry on eating crap, this diet's over now.

I used to love playing sports like football and cricket with friends and generally being active outdoors but my mobility has decreased significantly and I stay at home a lot more. This has been exacerbated by the fact that My self esteem has plummeted and I feel embarrassed being seen out in public, especially by people that knew me when I was younger. I've always been bigger than everyone else my age but my weight has ballooned massively in the last 3-4 years.

I don't want to be a failure and to destroy myself. This New Years I even went to buy a cross trainer/elliptical but it's still in pieces in my garage and I'm yet to put it together. I want to change but I don't know where/how to start. I've always started and failed, i don't know how to make this work and change my life around. I want to be active and healthy; and be able to run, climb and feel I have some worth.

Any words of advice / encouragement / tips would be hugely appreciated.

Your brother,
Big Grizzly

oncewasinshape
03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Hamzah dude

You are 24 man. Same age as me. Realize that you won't be able to change overnight but make a start. Start logging your calories, grab a food scale and make a reasonable plan. There may be slips and falls along the way but you got this. If you really want this then start with a simple plan. Read the stickies because they are really helpful. If you need a motivational partner and want someone to keep you accountable (provided this isn't the one and only time you log on here) then add me.

fastguyb
03-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Eat less, move more!! Start by putting that elliptical together and get on it!
That's how you start! You need to read all the stickies in nutrition. Start counting calories, downloading myfitnesspal can really help.'weigh all your food and log it in. when you hit plateaus ( and you will ) keep pushing forward and never stop! You're at a great age to change your life around! Good luck! Someday we'll just have to call you Grizz!

oh2Bhumble
03-16-2016, 07:47 PM
You can change! Have you tried weight watchers? This route is a little easier than counting calories....most people on here don't like weight watchers though...

phillydep
03-16-2016, 10:05 PM
250lbs from 278lbs (3 month period) when you mess up on a diet it only takes the next meal to get back on track, so my nutritionist tells me. Being an emotional eater I had to come to grips with how my body looks and how hard it's going to be to lose the weight. Seeing how I'm only 27 I have many years ahead of me. I started by doing 10 mins cardio and worked my way to 1 hr 4 or 5 times a week followed by lifts. You can do it, you just have to stay consistent, live, read, and eat fitness.