PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight shake, everything i need?

Toakes15
03-02-2016, 04:29 PM
im 21 years old and i weigh 165. I feel very skinny and feel the need to bulk up. Im lightly active. Right now i am beginning to bench, pushups, dumbbell exercises. I know i need calories to gain weight, but other people are talking about "macros" and fats, protein and carbs which i know nothing about. I understand i need to eat more calories than i burn. Do you think this is a good weight gainer shake?

2 cup Milk 240
3 scoop protein 850
1 banana 105
1/2 cup oats 150
2 eggs 120
1 tbsp olive oil 120
2 tablespoons PB 190
1 cup ice cream 270

2045 calories total

I just simply searched how many was in each one online and went with that.

My questions are, is this a good sustainable weight gainer shake that will help me gain weight?

Am i able to drink 2 of these a day? one when i wake up and one when i go to bed?

I know i have the calories, but am i good on the carbs, fats, and proteins? i read that a good percent of these should be 50/30/20 or something (carbs, protein, fats). Am i getting the right balance i need?

any insight will be helpful, thank you!!

Gxp23
03-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Enjoy the fat gains.

Mdenatale
03-02-2016, 04:44 PM
So you want to make 2 of that nasty mess your only source of food? Although there are some good ingredients in there overall this is a very bad idea.

Shureshock
03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
How big are the scoops of your protein? 850 sounds excessive for 3 scoops..

You do not need to force yourself to drink 2 extra shakes at 2000 cal each - maintain a steady surplus of whole foods and you will gain weight

EjnarKolinkar
03-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Sounds gross.

Assuming you eat now, why not just add enough cals to consistently make some gains?

Why do you need to add 2000 cals a day to the meals you are eating now?

Maybe you would like to rethink that large a surplus? And just add something reasonable.

TheSteve39
03-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Hey Toakes,

Hope all is well. One would be better suited to get the majority of their calories from solid foods rather than protein supplements. Whey and other supplements are thusly referred to as because they're intended use is in conjunction with our diets. Try a diet with a simple carb source (white rice, white potato), a complex carb source (oatmeal, 100% whole wheat products), fruits, vegetables, animal protein (meat, chicken, fish) and healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts).

There are a number of great whey protein products out there as well, BSN Syntha-6 (or Syntha-6 Isolate), AST VP2, Universal Whey and Animal Whey to name a few. Muscle Milk is a great product to take before bed as well if one is looking to gain mass.

Hope this helps!