PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with MACROS!

Kyleminator339
02-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Okay I've been on Chris Gethin's 12 weeks hardcore. I'm 25, and I've not missed one of my meals and have eaten clean. I have been using the same Macros for 8 weeks now. For the past 2 and half weeks I haven't really been seeing that much fat loss only 2 pounds I would say. I've gone from 197 to 172. My height is 5"7" I've got 4 weeks to go and just want to get the best results that I can. Should I lower my macros at this point?
This is what My macros have been for 8 weeks:
Protien=217.5
Fats=53.4
Carbs=268.5
Calories=2,460
So far I've lost a lot of weight I could really use advice thanks.
and here are also my new Macros:
Daily new Calories= 2336
Protein=172
Fats=68.8
Carbs=257.2

jampottt
02-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Your opening line is full of so much wrong.

Kris Gethin's workout is less than optimal. What's your lifting experience like? Fierce 5 would probably be a much better workout for you.
Clean eating isn't a thing.
2lb of weight loss in 2 weeks is a good thing.
Why have you got 4 weeks to get "the best results you can" are you competing? If not, it doesn't matter.

The macros are awful. You should be consuming 0.8g of Protein per lb of Bodyweight (albeit, you are fulfilling this but way too high) and 0.45g of Fat per lb of Bodyweight (your fats are way too low). I'm assuming you're using the calories set out by Kris in his plan? Why not try working out what your TDEE is based upon your stats to get a more accurate measure on the amount of calories you require to maintain weight (http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) then all you need to do is subtract 10% of that number to be in a deficit = cut = weight loss. If you're not losing weight quick enough decrease by 20% from your TDEE.

1lb a week is healthy, steady weight loss though.