PDA

View Full Version : Cal Deficit/Strength Training/Tracking but no results :(

raj97
02-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Hey guys (and gals),

This is my first post so excuse me if I don't add/mess up some stuff. Anyways, I have been following the Kinobody program (see his blogs) for over a year now but dont see results in fat loss. I am using IF, black coffee, Reverse Pyramid Training, and rest pause training and although my strength has gone up, I haven't been losing weight at all. I tried going up in cals for metabolic adaptation then went back down (1900 or 2000 to 1600 cals) but I see no difference in fat/weight loss. I eat 2 meals a day, .8 g protein, 60gs of fat, and rest is carbs (around 130 i think). I am gaining strength but NOT losing weight. I see my friends following the program and losing weight/gaining mass very quickly and nicely and I'm just getting frustrated because the program looks awesome but its not currently working for me. Any tips? 5'7'' and 148lbs. Workout 2-3 times a week and sometimes walk 30mins a day. Again, my strength training is going fine (ex. from 105 bench press to 150 for 5 in around 7-8 months) but my fat loss is still stuck. I have basically looked the same (except for muscle addition) since I was a very little kid (aka no major major fat loss). I also feel bloated AF when I eat, any tips of that too?

Again, I do not need advice for training, but I need help with nutrition for FAT loss. I track mostly EVERYTHING with Myplate app and eat relativley the same foods and follow IIFYM (chicken breast, rice, and sometimes some sweets to fit my macros at the end of the day).

Ill post a pic of what I have been looking like for the past 2-2.5 years (in terms of fat, not muscle). I see everyone saying CAL DEFICIT is KEY and it works for everyone EXCEPT ME. Really makin me sad and frustrated.... please help.

ablankenship83
02-18-2016, 10:05 PM
I would have to say with the presumption you are perfectly healthy, that whatever amount of calories you are taking in daily is your maintenance. I suggest you go from tracking most to tracking all. Weight your solids on a food scale, switch from oil to cooking spray, drop the condiments, sodas, juice, drinks that contain more than 25 cals per 8oz. Limit eating out (restaurant food calorie info can be wildly inaccurate). Meal plan out your meals for portion control/accurate calories. Or, eat the same and up the cardio to at least 3 or 4 times a week, at a length and intensity that would support a deficit.