PDA

View Full Version : An Eastern conference team should trade for Dwight Howard

Swept
02-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Howard can easily average 20-10 if given the chance. The Heat should trade stat stuffer Whiteside along with Dragic for Howard and Lawson. Or the Wizards should make some type of attempt

Its come to a point where its impossible to play with Harden, Ty Lawson goes from almost averaging 10 assist a game last season, to bench player WTF? Harden is quite possibly the biggest cancer in the NBA.

mvpshaq32
02-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Sending him to the Wiz would be interesting. He gets the passing PG he needs plus Wizards have a **** ton of shooters that will almost be like Dwight's Orlando days.

Would definitely make the Eastern Conference more competitive especially if Wiz grab the 8th seed and play Cavs 1st round.

waddupi
02-11-2016, 10:06 AM
If he goes to Boston, cavs better be worried.

BeastModeFTW
02-11-2016, 12:14 PM
agreed Dwight's actually been dominant in the playoffs the last two years. he would be a huge upgrade for the Heat if they can get him for Whiteisde. Boston could use Dwight as well. both teams with dwight could make a finals run

JotaroJoestar
02-11-2016, 12:16 PM
If he goes to Boston, cavs better be worried.

I don't know how much I would be interested if I were the C's. Their whole team is pretty much a mix of being extremely well coached and having great chemistry. Hasn't Dwight always been the opposit of that?

Swept
02-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Him in John Wall would be great

freshnevafrozen
02-11-2016, 01:06 PM
No one would take him unless Houstons selling for real low. What would boston even have to give houston lmao.

mvpshaq32
02-11-2016, 01:51 PM
No one would take him unless Houstons selling for real low. What would boston even have to give houston lmao.

Boston has a crap ton of assets. Brooklyn pick, Dallas pick, expendable guards and frontcourt players.

waddupi
02-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Maybe sullinger, a guard( either smart, turner or bradley) and maybe a pick.

FGCHENG
02-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Dwight Howard to the Celtics would be very interesting. I hate the Celtics, but damnit, the Leastern Conference needa step their game up. That conference is weak as chit in terms of producing a team that can actually win a championship.

DGen94
02-11-2016, 03:05 PM
i hope boston does trade for this clown. he doesnt take chit seriously (howard).

plus we'll have to gut our team. rather trade for cousins

Trapstar4.4
02-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Dwight Howard to the Celtics would be very interesting. I hate the Celtics, but damnit, the Leastern Conference needa step their game up. That conference is weak as chit in terms of producing a team that can actually win a championship.

moot point until GSW cools off. their rings are already being engraved as we speak. east/west doesnt matter

notWilliam
02-11-2016, 05:12 PM
moot point until GSW cools off. their rings are already being engraved as we speak. east/west doesnt matter

you ok with Atlanta seemingly auctioning Teague/Horford?

I feel they have one good run in them left; one injury to the Cavs and they could make the Finals.

BloodyBaron
02-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Boston is going to have a top 3 pick.

LocalProjects
02-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Dwight back to Orlando.

FGCHENG
02-11-2016, 07:05 PM

truuuuuuu. I don't see them cooling off anytime soon.

ismelljelly
02-11-2016, 07:15 PM

I feel they have one good run in them left; one injury to the Cavs and they could make the Finals.

I agree with you but lmao at the prospect of the Hawks playing GS, SA, or OKC in the finals. Would be a savage beating anyway it went down

HotRod23
02-11-2016, 07:37 PM
No one would take him unless Houstons selling for real low. .
this . and the rockets arent going to trade him just to trade him, even though they know hes walking at the end ofv the season. heres a article about the market for dwight. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s-what-the-trade-market-for-dwight-howard-looks-like-011422278.html

HotRod23
02-11-2016, 07:39 PM
how about kevin love and mozgov for dwight?

fleeceitout
02-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Would you really want to take on a 30 year old injury prone team cancer for 21 million tho?

srom12
02-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Can't argue with the results last season. He took them to the WCF and led the team back from a 1-3 series against the Clippers. Its not Harden, its Howard and Lawson.

4backcracks
02-11-2016, 08:59 PM
I don't know how much I would be interested if I were the C's. Their whole team is pretty much a mix of being extremely well coached and having great chemistry. Hasn't Dwight always been the opposit of that?

I wouldn't want dwight howard unless the rockets go in to firesale mode, and I don't think the C's would trade for him unless he was. Every big man on the Celtics can comfortably step out to 15 feet, "pace and space". A lane clogger with no touch would derail the offense just as its really starting to hum. Not to mention the fact that he's been a raging phaggot at every stop and could ruin a team that is clicking right now.

Maybe sullinger, a guard( either smart, turner or bradley) and maybe a pick.
Celtics wouldn't trade Smart for Dwight Howard straight up.

Do you even NBA? srs.

As always, I call for an NBA general knowledge test before you're allowed in NBA threads.

Tbh I don't know that I would advocate for making any deal if I was the Celtics. Dwight is a terrible fit and over the next 2-3 years when this team will be contending he'll continue to fade away from injuries and age. Boogie would cost too much and I wouldn't want the most volatile player in the league on a team with such great chemistry. Horford is an ufa at the end of the season, has had durability problems, and his production has dipped this year.

Going in to the 2016 season the Celtics will have the most young trade assets, the most picks (four 1st rd picks, four 2nd rd picks), and the 3rd most cap space of any team. Kevin Durant is a stretch, but the Celtics will have the money to pay him and the supporting cast to legitimately contend. Some combination of Al Horford, Ryan Anderson, and Chandler Parsons seems a lot more likely, along with probably at least one splashy trade for a strong 2 way player.

I say ride this team out, push Toronto or Cleveland to 5-6 games, make major upgrades in the offseason, and come back in 2016 as legitimate contenders.

HoustonMiscer
02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Please just give me a team that isn't losing by 20 every God damn fukking night please

mlift11
02-12-2016, 11:59 AM
i'd be very interested to see how it would go with him. personally, i'm for it. a proposed trade i saw was jerebko, david lee, our 1st rounder, mavs 1st rounder for dwight and harrell. this team with someone strong that can play in the paint... it'd be a really interesting look. i already love this team and the way they play but i think we could maintain that with him. if it didn't work out, he's gone this summer

mvpshaq32
02-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Can't argue with the results last season. He took them to the WCF and led the team back from a 1-3 series against the Clippers. Its not Harden, its Howard and Lawson.

The Rockets made that comeback against the Clippers WHILE Harden was on the bench.

and lol you're telling me a guy playing sub 20 mpg has turned a WCF team to a <.500 team? Dwight has been playing great this season and even more so recently.

All fingers point to Harden by several sources for this failure of a season. Lebronies I swear.

https://i.imgur.com/FufOSAd.jpg

jalundah
02-12-2016, 01:38 PM
As a Hawks fan, I would love to see Dwight back in Atlanta, as much of a headcase as he is. Budenholzer will be the best coach Dwight has ever had in his career, and the team would be a much more improved version of the Orlando teams that featured him.

Teague + Horford for Dwight + KJ McDaniels + future 1st

JBhaverhill
02-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Lol everyone in this thread overating howard. Dude is a loser. Only way he ever has a finals appearance is as a #3 option or less.

mlift11
02-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Lol everyone in this thread overating howard. Dude is a loser. Only way he ever has a finals appearance is as a #3 option or less.
that's the point. he'd be our #3 at best

JetLife21
02-13-2016, 06:42 AM
As a Hawks fan, I would love to see Dwight back in Atlanta, as much of a headcase as he is. Budenholzer will be the best coach Dwight has ever had in his career, and the team would be a much more improved version of the Orlando teams that featured him.

I agree with taking a chance on Howard but your trade is horrible.

The trade should be horford for Howard straight up. Both are free agents at the end of the year and both need a change of scenery. Acquiring Howard could blow up in the Hawks faces or it could work out magically with him and millsap.

You get rid of teague and you won't be ale to keep Howard. Dennis is nowhere close to being a consistent starter in this league. Acquiring Howard would be a win now move so Teague stays. Trade dennis for a wing if it must be done. I would prefer to look for one in free agency at the end or the year.

FGCHENG
02-13-2016, 08:48 AM

Dwight was legit in his prime with the Magic. He was the clear #1 option in Orlando. He even led that team to the NBA Finals in the Leastern Conference.

He's trash now doe.

HoustonMiscer
02-13-2016, 09:06 AM

I would do it srs.

GodbeBryant
02-13-2016, 10:40 AM
The Rockets made that comeback against the Clippers WHILE Harden was on the bench.

and lol you're telling me a guy playing sub 20 mpg has turned a WCF team to a <.500 team? Dwight has been playing great this season and even more so recently.

All fingers point to Harden by several sources for this failure of a season. Lebronies I swear.

https://i.imgur.com/FufOSAd.jpg

mmm those be some nice cakes breh

Trapstar4.4
02-13-2016, 11:23 AM

im really not a fan of teague, so im interested in seeing what a deal with him would look like. the guy has a skills, on nights where he decides to play. sht i still point back to last year when he decided to bring his A game against cp3, and teague worked him. problem is, im willing to bet in the next three games he disappeared.

i hope we keep horford for sure.

truuuuuuu. I don't see them cooling off anytime soon.

nba needs to institute one game series throughout playoffs until GSW comes off their high horse. how you beat this team in a 7-game is beyond me.

Steemboat
02-13-2016, 11:23 AM
The Heat should trade stat stuffer Whiteside along with Dragic for Howard and Lawson

Houston would be so dumb to do that. Dragic and Harden do nothing but get in each other's way.

MA5Bergey
02-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Howard will never win a ring. Dude's a legit locker room cancer. Only difference between him and guys like Josh Smith are the level of talent. Wouldn't even take him on the Knicks and that's saying something.

Shortstop36
02-13-2016, 01:30 PM
make it happen plz danny ainge plz